liver ultra sound

Posted , 3 users are following.

it must be a couple of months now since my gp stopped my Atorvastatin having found abnormalities in succesive blood tests, both the muscle thing and the liver enzyme they check, the muscle thing has stabilised but not the liver, despite its apparent ability to heal itself. tomorrow I'm having an ultrasound done of my liver hopefully shed some light on what's going on. anybody else gone through the same, please comment, thankyou.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

how long were you on statins?

• Posted

That's a long time and I can only assume that your liver is taking a while to recover. After all it has only been a few months, I'm sure your liver will begin its recovery but after years of statins it'll take longer than expected. 

Good luck with scan, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.