Siatica

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been giving Tramodol for Siatica off the doctor I have had the pain now for two weeks now and the pain is not getting any better .The Tramadol are working but How long can Siatica last or will I keep getting it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sciatica is a condition that can flare up if triggered e.g. by certain movements or activity. Your doctor may suggest exercises or physiotherapy to try and build up your muscles in the area to try and prevent further flare ups. You may need to speak to your GP again to come up with an effective pain managment plan. 
  • Posted

I have suffered with siatica myself and it isn't at all pleasent.  There are some Yoga exercises that are good.  I did Hatha Yoga for about 5 years, I did find it helpful as it helps with your posture.  I cannot wash my car because even with bending at my knees the to and fro movement of washing the car can make my siatica start playing up.  Apart from washing the car I don't suffer much now unless I twist funny.  I hope that yours clears up soon as it can drag on for some time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.