Any others diagnosed with Transverse myelitis?

Posted , 2 users are following.

It started on an average evening when I was 12 years old.  I was watching a movie and i noticed the skin on my legs was numb.  I just thought is was weird it did not concern me too much.  I started having what felt like a gas bubble in my back.   It felt like if i could burp i would feel better.  I continued watching my movie.  Some time later I stood up to walk to the bathroom, I made a couple steps my legs were like rubber.  I fell and wet my pants.  I could not get back up.  Over the course of 4 hour i became paralized from the chest down (T5). 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I Know People who have become cured from

by having an intollerance test made and eliminating substances from their life which had basically poised them and caused these severe illnesses.

• Posted

My case was accute and viral.  The doctors were baffled, one nurse even asked me if i had a big test in school the next day (hinting i was faking).  Finally after 3 and1/2 hours in an MRI they found the cause.  There was swelling of the mylene sheeth that insulates your nerves.  The theory the Dr who finally diagnosed me was,  i had an accute viral infection that trigerd an autoimune response that attacked and broke down the mylene sheeth around the nerves also causing swelling.  The onset and time it took to peak as far as symtoms go was less then 10 hours.  I am very lucky, many people who have sufferd the illness end up with permanint nerve damage cause paralisis or even death.  I regained most of my moter function and sensation over the next year.  It took two years to relearn jumping rope.  One of my proudist moments.  I do have significantly altered sensation in my lower left quarter.  Pain is a burning feeling and i can not tell the diference between hot and cold.  I Later developed RSD/CRPS in my lower left leg following a knee scope.  I would really really like to talk to someone with similar expiriences.  I welcome any questions or comments
  • Posted

Non conventional medicine has proved that all autoimmune sicknesses ranging from arthris to cancer are caused by a range of foods such the human being should not eat. The most common deaxly foods are meats and dairy products and all reck ed grains. This may seem ridi ulous to most but it has been proven that by eliminating these vemons and others who h should be found through an i tollerNce test Te body cleans itself from toxins and will stop turning agInst itself. My personal experience is a laxy with myastenia gravis was intollerNt to a zpe ific substance and once removed was able to quit her wheel chair.
  • Posted

is was my "Hello anybody out there?" post!

I found Patients and the TM Society UK.

I was looking for some sort of connection

You guys gave me that.  I have trouble accepting my TM experience.  That sounds weird but I don't know how to describe it otherwise.  I guess when I got back on my feet, I just kept pushing forward until the next road bump and I had a few.  Since my TM I had to have 12 operations.  When I was "healthy" and keeping up with others my age.  I was determined to be like everyone else.  I had some negative ideas about what all my struggles meant.  So I denied all of it or at least buried it.  I am thinking back to that kid and what he accomplished.  12 surgeries and TM and he made it back to his feet every time.  He even managed to play hockey for a year.  He never really played but he worked hard in practices and was respected for it. He made it to at least 6 school dances.  This kid was something really special.  I want to be him again.  I want to at least connect to him.  I forget in my current struggles how strong I really am, and how much I can handle.

I spend so much time afraid and avoiding things that could hurt me.

I am stalled completely another surgery right in front of me and at least 2 down the road. 

Any time I am not hurting from surgery i will most likely have pain from severe osteoarthritis in both knees and RSD/CRPS    THIS I CAN HANDLE

the next surgery is not intended to help with pain.  It is trying to preserve the integrity of my left foot and ankle.  It will be a lot of hard work but that's the good part.  No weight for 3 months is going to be the tough part.  I know I can handle this.  It really comes down to a childish " I Just Don't Want To"  and that is firm.

And I also don't want toMe as the 33 yr old man " I really just dont want to" 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.