Question for those who have had a myomectomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

Today is Day 11 for me after surgery and I have been taking it relatively easy but due to boredom decided to do a little ironing today and then I went with my mother to the supermarket. I was going very slow and relying on the trolley to go round but it was a bit of a struggle. I'm now home feeling very tired even though we only got a few things and were not very long.

My question is how soon did you ladies attempt something like this? Did you find t a real struggle. I've been told I should stay active and try to walk a little every day but I couldn't wait to get back home and in bed! Also i get this funny almost numb sensation in my tummy just above my scar. When I touch my tummy I can feel every touch But it's also almost like the area is a little numb. Is this normal? Is it due to all the swelling and bruiskng inside??! I hope to god that there isn't anythjng wrong and it's just part of the healing process

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i am 7 weeks post myomectomy and know whay you mean about gettng bored and just wanted to get back to normal. I think I just stayed home for 2 weeks and just walked around the house. For the 1st week i was just falling asleep all the time, Certainly no ironing lol.  I think what you are feeling regarding just wanting to get back to bed is normal. As my hubby kept telling me, we had major surgery, stay active but going out shopping  can be tiring so soon, you are getting in and out the car, walking around, looking for stuff, its tough. 

I would say stay home for another week, i stayed home for a while and am now back to normal, i took it really slow, you wil get back to normal. I still have the numbness and even more annoying the itching. The swelling is normal , my stomach has only just gone down in th last week.

Did you get pelvic exercises to do, these really work the stomach area. I didn't do any kind of house work for a least a few weeks

• Posted

Ok thank you very much. I'll take it a little easier. I was going to go out on Sunday but only to a vintage fair in a hall and I figures if I get too tired I'll just go sit/lie in the car til we're ready to go home again lol

The numbness is really weird feeling. Hope it goes soon!

Thanks smile

• Posted

Hi

I am 2 weeks post TAH BSO and only went to the doctors and the supermarket yesterday and got back after about 1hr and felt really tired, it is normal to feel like this at this stage.

The numbness and strange feeling around your scar is because when the surgeon made the incision he would of cut through nerve endings and it takes a while for the feeling to come back infact some women dont ever get 100 % of feelings back, im still numb right across my bikini line wound and at the top of my legs, its weired.

Nikki x

• Posted

Oh goodness. I hope the feeling does come back it's a really weird feeling and I don't like it sad

Thanks for responding Nicola. Hope you're back to 100% soon.

• Posted

03.20hrs and awake from one of my many visits to the bathroom for a wee .. one of the side effects I'm told whilst everything still swollen.

I'm at day 19 after TAH. Still v tired and reliant on pain killers. Tool less yesterday and been uncomfy through the night.

Not been out yet but had a walk most days. Trying to do a little bit around the house. No ironing yet though. ... not tried visit to shop yet. Too soon. Trying to take it easy but boredom is an issue plus not really in mood to read or watch TV.

Missing twice daily long walks with the dog :'(

Itching not too bad. Numbness v v weird feeling. Prunes and figs help with effects of medication. Swelling worse at the end of the day. Looking forward to normal life. Feeling a bit odd that I had no intention of having more children and yet now everything has been removed I couldn't even if I wanted to. Very odd.

Sending you warmest best wishes for your recovery x

• Posted

Thank you very much. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery to you too. I'm relying less and less on painkillers now. I got my dates mixed up. I am on day 12 now after surgery. I went out yesterday for quite a few hours. I did struggle mainly getting very tired and had a bad back. Today will take it a little easier and stay in bed a bit more I think. I walked very slowly whilst I was out so hopefully I didn't push myself too much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.