help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a pituitary adamant and my doctor want me to have the merina coil as I'm having periods that last three weeks if I'm lucky to have a break. Will this increase my prolactin levels as I'm still producing Unwanted breast milk already.

Also I'm having hot sweats constantly

I'm exhausted

My joints and bones are aching like man

Terrible mood swings

Iv read that the symptoms I have already could increase if I have the hormone coil but will it effect my pituitary.

Plz help iv feel like no doctor listens

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry spelling is horrendous was typing in a hurry I have a pituitary adnoma
  • Posted

Do you mean pituitary adenoma?  An excess prolactin one?  Usually known as a prolactinoma?

My experience with one when eventually diagnosed, medication called carbergoline soon brought it into line, reduced the prolactin and reduced the adenoma, and returned my oestrogen levels to normal.

Women with a prolactinoma need extra oestrogen because the prolactin makes their oestrogen ineffective, therefore giving them menopause symptoms.  Your symptoms sound like menopausal or perimenopausal symptoms and those were the symptoms I suffered for 6 years till I was diagnosed.  I did not have period problems as I had a hysterectomy many years earlier.  I was on HRT but it was being made ineffective by the excess prolactin.  It also means you are not getting the calcium to your bones that you need.

If you are the same, ask for carbergoline, and you may not need the coil.  Get your hormones checked to see if you need some oestrogen supplementation for a while.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I took cabergloline before but as soon as I stop taking it the breast milk comes back

And when I take it for along time I was getting really bad migrains and wasnt well.

I'm only 27 and I have 2 children and I'm seriously considering getting sterilised for contraception but I need some thing to stop this bleeding, sweats and joint pain x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.