Discomfort when sitting

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I'm 7 days post-op myomectomy today. I was cut vertically at my bikini line and my doctors removed a total of 10 fibroids. I'm have a very hard time finding comfortable ways to sit. I'm sitting in the bed with pillows behind me but my back hurts from it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Nothing seems to help...Also I'm deadly afraid to laugh or cough because I'm afraid of the pain sad

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I am 3 weeks post op after TAH & BSO also removing several fibroids.(don't know how many )The biggest was 20cm and weighed just over 6lb.I was also cut the same place but i have been lucky with no back pain.In bed i found it more comfortable with a large cushion and 1

pillow.On the settee i laid the garden chair mattress on top pl

us large cushions.Try laying

rather than sitting as it takes the

pressure of your stomach but don't lay too flat otherwise you

will find it harder to get up

again.Try and walk as much as

you can.I think this has helped me

a lot as i started going out a week

after the op.By the middle of week

2 it was a lot easier.I went on a

bus by day 11.While in pain when

you get up or cough hold a

cushion over your stomach.You are doing really well considering what you have had done.If you want to ask me anything pkease don't hesitate,i am happy to help.

xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for the great tips! I'm trying the cushion today. I'm so greatful for your reply! I'm having a lot of anxiety I guess because I'm so frustrated that I'm unable to do normal things like lying comfortably. And I'm extremely emotional!
  • Posted

Hi Kali

First of all, it gets easier I promise! smile

I'm now day 13 after my myomectomy and I too still get backache if I'm in one position for too long but it's not as bad as it was a week ago. Did you have an epidural or just anesthetic?

there really is no best way to sit it just s matter of experimentation. For me it was better if I didn't have too many pillows behind me as that meant my stomach was more crunched up the more upright I am. I sit in a very slight recline position. Maybe it would help if you place a small pillow in the small of your back. Try that.

I thought the norm was to cut horizontally along bikini line. I guess each consultant works differently. Hope you heal soon and feel more comfortable. smile

• Posted

Thanks for your response. My problem may be that I'm using too many pillows. I stack them behind me but I might need to use one st the small of my back. No epidural thank God. My friend had a myomectomy but she was cut horizontal from just under her breast all the down to her bikini line. She had an 19 pound one!
    • Posted

Morning,

How are you feeling this morning,did you sleep ok?

I am ok except for really bad constipation.What ever i take doesn't help so i am going to the chemist later.

xxx

• Posted

Lol ok that makes sense now!!! smile
    • Posted

Oops sorry my reply went into the wrong section! Sigh. I'm tired! Going to see my consultant later today to discuss everything. Slightly concerned as she asked to see me!!
    • Posted

I'm feeling better! I take a stool softener every other day to avoid constipation. It's the worst to bw backed up and unable to push πŸ˜– I hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

I have been on Dulcoease but last night I took 1 dulcolax and I have been ok today.It was either that or the 3 white wine spritzers that I had yesterday that Β helped .

xxx

• Posted

Hi, just try and move ur body around as dey have advised.

went to see my doctor today after a 3months intake of esmaya, the story remaind the same. the fibroids didnt shrink much. so will have to prepare for the surgry soon so that i can carry a baby.

Not happy wit d news but will have to be strong and hope for the best.

peace to u all.

• Posted

I'm trying to move around more but it's a challenge honestly. My best advise would be for you to prepare yourself mentally. The physical is definitely a factor. But I'm struggling mentally. Trying to cope with not being able to fully care for myself. I do a lot of praying!!! I was supposed to have a hysterectomy but once they opened me up they were able to remove the fibroids and leave my uterus πŸ‘Ό! I'll most likely try to get pregnant in the next year or so, I'm 29 years old so I think I'll finally try.
    • Posted

hi, thanks for the advice dear, want to have a baby after the operation too but was told i would have to wait 6months before trying.wish u the very best as i wish my self and get welsoon. hugs
    • Posted

Yea I'm waiting about a year, I want to get everything together. Good luck to you! Everything will be fine, hugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.