I have PCOS and trying to conceive! Help Please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI I was diagnosed with pcos when I was a teenage and haven't had a period since i was about 18. I haven't received any treatment and I was hoping for some advice as my partner and I are wanting to try for a baby! Naturally I'm scared that nothing can be done and have been putting off a visit to the doctor for weeks now. Does anybody have any advice?

THANK YOU!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd recommend that you try to put your 'fears aside' and that you make that visit to your GP......your GP should then refer you onwards to a specilaist.

Don't be 'put-off' by your GP - insist!!

Good Luck.

• Posted

Its natural to be scared, but think of it this way, the only way you can move forward in your life it to be proactive and conbfront the situation head on and put yourself in the best position possible to be helped so that you can get what you want :D 
  • Posted

I live in, the Nhs won't do anything unless you've been trying a year. Hopefully you'll get a referral for investigations and or treatment which could take few months depending on waiting waiting lists. Your partner may also get checked out as no point in treating you if your partner needs help too but don't worry about. There are lots of things that could help. If you can afford private treatment you will get treatment a lot quicker but it will cost. Also look at your local health authorities access to treatment. In my county you have to be a certain age, have had no pregnancies, you or your partner and have been trying for 3 years to have ivf but there are various treatments to try first. If you choose private treatment you can also pick
    • Posted

Sorry pressed send too early. You can pick your consultant which can be really useful. Don't want to scare you with too much more info but there are medications you can use to help you to ovulate properly, there's little surgical treatments that are straightforward and could help and things you can do to reduce the impact of pcos like regular exercise, keeping your weight down, some research suggests low GI diet. Definitely don't stress and stay calm and positive. Good luck and if you get resistance at your GP, try another. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.