Bring back Co-proxamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I took Co-proxamol for about 15yrs and it worked, I could do things, not too much but at least I could work. Now I'm in severe pain 24/7 sometimes not even knowing how I'm going to get up in the mornings. It's ok to protect the vulnerable people but what about those of us who have been made more vulnerable and likely to commit suicide like the lady recently because we are in too much pain to live! This is progress I don't think. NOTHING else works as well. How can we get it back? Would a 'Votes in exchange for bringing back Co-proximal' campagn work in the run up to Election next Thurs work? How does one start. Anyone want to join me? 

3 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're feeling so low, Squidgey. If you are in such pain you really should go back to your GP & ask for a referral to a Pain clinic, there will be one near you, I'm sure. You must look after yourself & get yourself feeliing better & more positive first before you start fighting major battles. It is a vicious circle, chronic pain makes one depressed & depression makes one less able to cope with the pain, so take control of the situation & seek help. There ARE people out there who are willing to help you but you have to be brave & reach out to them. Be strong & show them what you are worth ! Good luck & best wishes
  • Posted

Dear Squidgey, It's not good news, I'm afraid ! The recent cessation of manufacturing of dextropropoxyphene throughout the world, due to countries banning the manufacture has brought about a HUGE increase in price to the consumers ! The present price to the pharmacies is c.£141.00p/100 tabs & to folks like me with a private prescription £136.80p / 100 tabs !!! This applies to NHS & private prescriptions, so I can't see this situation going on for much longer as the demand will inevitably drop & so the rogues won't find it profitable

enough to manufacture it. ! i'm SO sorry, I'm a victim too !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.