Cyst and hay wire honmonses

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have 2 small cysts on womb so I don't do anything heavy and  I had a biopsy last year in August and got the all clear it just my age and coming to the end of my cycle which means my honmonses go haywire every so often I am copping the it 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I am very happy to hear it wasn't anything to worry about. That's always great news. And I can relate to haywire hormones! Have you had the hot flashes yet? Oh my Lord they are tuff! Thank goodness Texas had a cold winter. I found myself sweating outside in 32 degree weather.

I am a mess right now myself. I had a rare brain vascular malformation they found about 13 years ago. So I had major brain surgery and my dr does not want me to take synthetic hormones. After the brain surgery I was never really the same. Body wise. I had to have a partial hysterectomy about 8 years ago because of ongoing issues from the brain thing. He left my ovarys so I didn't have to deal with all that just yet. Well I just had a cyst on my left ovary he was going to drain and he found my ovary was stuck to my colon. So he took my left ovary and both tubes 2 weeks ago. And wouldn't you know it, I am starting menopause at 45😖

So I think I am hormonal, stressed, and just plain crazy.

• Posted

Yes I have had hot flushes  neutral hope you are keeping ok now I know what you mean 
  • Posted

Ginger52277 - hope you don't mind me asking, but what were your symptoms of ovarian cyst.  I have recently been diagnosed with left ovarian cyst and haemangioma on my liver.  Also how did the op go to remove cyst and what was your recovery like.  Sorry for the questions, but I'm going for another scan on Wednesday, to see if it's grown from 4 weeks ago, if so I will have to have it removed.
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth. I don't mind any questions you have. We are here to help each other. I have really found that be sharing my experience it has helped me get through it. So any question you have you ask.

I had a stomach virus back in December. The er I went to did a scan of my tummy to see if there was anything abnormal and the dr there told me. About a small cyst he saw on my ovary.

I was having deep kinda burning and almost a pulling feeling on my left side. A had a partial hysterectomy back in 08 where he took just my uterus. So when I started hurting I thought it had ruptured so I called my gyno. I went to see him Friday. He did a sono said it was 3cm and had some inflammation. Gave me some meds to help and went back Monday. Still in pain and pain meds were not helping so he did another sono. Cyst was a little larger. So he said we could wait it out, or he would drain it the next day. But it is surgery. He felt if I was hurting that bad it was best to drain it. So we set it up. Did my pre op right then and went back next day for day surgery. When I woke up from what was supposably just a cyst drain, he told me my ovary was adhered to my colon, it happens sometimes, so he had to take it and my tubes.

The recovery was a breeze. I went home same day and slept. Slept he entire next day. And took it very easy for the next 3 to 5 days. By the weekend I went grocery shopping by myself. You just have to remember not to lift anything super heavy. And when you feel the very small incisions pull that is your limit. The hardest part of recovery is getting up from sitting and getting out of bed. For me that hurt the most. The angles were bad. I am very short (5ft when I stretch ) so I have to scoot to the end of everything. That was kinda painful. But nothing I couldn't tolerate. The should give you pain meds. Use them. Don't let your pain get again of your meds. Then you hurt and play catch up and cry.

The first 2 weeks there is no sexual play. After you first post op he should give you the green light or tell you to hold off a little longer.

If you need any other questions answered, I will do my best to help you. Please don't be afraid to ask.

Keep us posted doll, and good luck!!

• Posted

Hi my symptoms were heavy bleeding  and being on when I thought I was finished 
  • Posted

Thank you Ruth and Ginger for replying.  I had Hysterectomy  straight after my child was born, so it is difficult to know about symptoms.  You see some months I feel like I have ovulation pain, and breast tenderness, as I might still be ovulating.  I am now having bloating constantly and pain at bottom of stomach and left hip pain.  I also have sharp shooting pains through vagina, and back pain.  It is worrying as ovarian problems often don't give symptoms until you've had it a while 😏

• Posted

Yes, if you do have your ovarys, you still ovulate. You just don't tend to pay attention to the sign as much without your periods.

And I have noticed the bolting I had before my ovary was removed is a lot less. I thought the extra weight or blot in my middle was my age. I am 45 and not a very tall person. So a few pounds on me is a huge difference. I am only 5ft if I stretch.

I have also noticed that the more water I drink the less bloat I get.

• Posted

Yes, I am only 5 ft, so my tummy looks quite big, but it is bloating not fat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.