Waiting game?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It has been 6 mouthes of FS pain and agony.  Tried streroid shots, acupature, cupping and currently PT.  My FS is still very frozen with limit range of motion and constant pain.  The pain runs through the entire arm and hand somtimes.  It is just the worse painful condition that I do not wish on anybody...On the other hand,  join this disucssion forum and FS on Facebook helps a lot.  Not only I learn lots of tips of how to manage my FS, I know that I am not alone... thank you my FS friends smile

Thought about having MUA like I mentioned on my last discussion, but just had my appointment with my Join/Bone Dr yesterday who is not recommneding it right now.  He said that MUA and/or surgeries do not guarantee positive results and it runs the risk of rotator cuff tear.  He also added that after the surgery/MUA, if I do not follow an intensive PT, it will freeze back in matter of three days!!  He recommended to wait for self healing...meanwhile, he asks me to take pain med for comfort and do some exercise daily to straigten my muscle.  He also wanted me to have MRI which I did yesterday, to confirm that it is nothing else but FS...like having FS is not enough sad  Still waiting for my MRI reading....wish me luck!!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just a suggestion, massage, does wonders for me.
    • Posted

Oh yes, forgot to mention, I also do weekly massage when I have my PT.  Thanks Barbara.  
  • Posted

It is the most horrible pain. I had capsular release surgery rather than MUA. Might be worth asking about that?
  • Posted

Hi lilu yes thats the approach they take hete. Painkillers anf pt. then hydrodilittation. No surgery unless hydro doesnt work.

Had physio yesterday and in a lot of pain last nite amd this morning am very stiff. X

What pain meds uvon . X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.