baby2001

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have lost my pain doctor again of almost 10 years so far I have seen 4 doctors in just a couple of month my problem is I have been on high doses of oxycontin, roxicodone and valium Not one doctor will give me valium at all. I have had 3 back surgery's and was left with a moving disc so I have very severe pain. I would never even wish a enemy to go through the major withdrawals I am going through the doctor I see on the 7th cut 2 of my meds cold turkey my valium & doxepin used for sleeping he also cut one of my pain pills in half and said he will keep reducing my meds all of them want to do is cut or stick on me when I have tried so very many things to get help with my severe pain but right now it's the pain but the withdrawals is very bad. My doctor of 10 years said he was closing his pain clinic moving but I went there today and he is still there I don't understand how a doctor can do this to a person?? But I need help with my major withdrawals from Valium!!!!!! Please Help

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I agree with you baby. I suggest you keep going to doctors until you find one who will describe drug withdrawal programmes for you, one for each drug. Cold turkey is poor advice.

I organised my own routine for getting off diazepam after doing a lot of reading about them on the Web. I'm into the fourth week of a ten week programme. So far so good.

Best wishes. 

• Posted

sophiedog I went to a new doctor today spent 2 hours sitting for him to come in and ask why are you here he knew I had seen another doctor the one that has made me go cold turkey on valium and another med and like I said cut a pain pill in half and I need these medications I have been on them for so many years and the valium helps my anxiety and my severe pain so that tells me if I keep looking for a new doctor they will know I have seen this new doctor also I have only seen him 2 times after tomorrow so like my old pain doctor told me to keep shopping for a new doctor but how can that be done when the new doctors know a doctor has gave me some meds?? I am so confused and so tired of all these withdrawals if I knew I could not get the meds I would of done what you said to wean from the meds it's not only the withdrawals it's the pain also Good Luck and Thank You have a good night
    • Posted

You need to stabilise on valium before you can reduce..you are obviously in the U.S..theres lots of advice on this site ...google  the Ashton Protocol...this doctor is the world expert on withdral from any drug..your doctor has a duty of care to give you the meds you need ..you pay for them ...print off the manual and show it to the doctor...explain your predicament...the pain meds are also hard to come off...I myself am dependent on valium for 44 years so I know what I am talking about 

let me know how you get on

• Posted

Unlike Pat, I thought it sounded like you were on the NHS in UK. I don't have the same doctor-related constraints in Australia.  Keep trying until you get a good one!
    • Posted

pat97152 I wish I could get any help it's unreal what I am going through I have had 6 doctor appts this year 4 new doctors and to spend 2 hours waiting yesterday for a new doctor to walk in and say Why are you here!! So I told him I am looking for a doctor to replace my doctor of 10 years he said I was under the care of a doctor I have seen one time well I had no choice but to take what meds that doctor gave me or nothing. How do I find a New Doctor when it shows I am under the care of another doctor?? My old doctor told me to shop I have been dang this is unreal Thanks Everybody
    • Posted

I am in the UK so I can't help with doctors ..which state do you live in ..I have a friend in Michegan whose husband works for a hospital ..your health system is so complicated..if you have insurance surely you can see who you want to ????
    • Posted

Yes our health system is very complicated and it should not be and I do have insurance and I am Indian and can use their heathcare but it's like pulling teeth with them also. I spent 1 1/2 hours at my 2nd appt. with this new doctor I asked him to help me with the withdrawals off of valium and he also took my sleeping pill away and cut one of my pain pills in half and all he could say is I know how very hard it is to go through withdrawals yeah right he does he would not do this to a person but the main person to blame is my doctor of 10 years that dropped me like I am trash and made up a story that he was closing his practice and going to take care of a nursing home I went to his office yesterday and everything looks the same and they told me in March they would be moving to a different town but the phone number would stay the same do I have stupid wrote across my forehead I guess I do but to drop a patient of 10 years leaving me cold turkey without valium and my pain pills that he has gave me for so many years everybody keeps saying a doctor can't just stop writing you a prescription for valium that's what I thought also but he did and he has and to go to a new doctor that ask why are you here what do you want to tell me I am a established patient of a doctor I have seen twice only once yesterday and my old doctor told me to make a lot of appts until I found the right doctor but how do I do that when they say I am with another doctor was I suppose to go cold turkey on all of my pain pills also??? So confused and don't know what to do I need a caring doctor that will help me with the withdrawals just Help
  • Posted

Hi Sophie.i just quit Alepam (oxazepam)  a benzo, in 6 weeks.I am female aged 74 and had been on it for 30 years. First, try a female doctor.Mine helped me to quit by using liquid and tablets.We used diazapam ,which is Valium so you just have to be able to drop the dose by 10 per cent. I felt great. just like I won Gold Lotto.Forgot to say drop every 2 weeks
  • Posted

Don't worry about the name error.

I started at 7mg and am dropping at the rate of 0.5 mg per week. Down to 3.5 mg this week. So far so good. The drop is gradually getting larger than 10% now but I plan to stick to it.

• Posted

Hi Sophie We Aussies are rather clever at quitting these terrible drugs.I also need to quit Lyrica ; which I take for Trigeminal Neuralgia. It has horrendous side effects but I have a neurologist appt soon so will see what he says.I guess we do have it good in some respects. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.