I need help figuring out what this is

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having some red itchy spots on my skin for a while and I can't figure out what it is

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

retrace the products you are using and eliminate one by one, I have the same as you at times and I find if I use certain products eg: shampoo, mousse, shower gel  even if I change a product that I haven't used for ages it can set me off. Stress can trigger flare ups . See the doctor and see if he can prescribe a mild steroid cream.  Hope this helps 

jean 

• Posted

hi, 

i suggest you also have a diary. Write whatever you think triggered. Mine was latex and so I can easily avoid products with latex. what touches the skin. When and what happened before the condition worsen, things like that. So you can easily identify which products to avoid. 

• Posted

by the way.. whatever you do, i suggest you use 100% cotton clothings while still figuring out what triggers. then slowly try products you've been using one by one. 

i hope this helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.