So confused!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Advised from any kind soul?? So confused now. Been diagnosed with 3cm dermoid cyst on the left ovary 2mths ago. Went for second opinion to a private gynae and he advised to remove asap but gynae from a public hospital claims that i could monitor for 4mths to see if it grows bigger. (She doesnt advised to remove now since it is still small and better to monitor first to see if it grows bigger. She claims dermoid cyst wont caused torsion at 3cm-rare cases). Im so confused now on the nxt course of action. Any advise if any one experience this? I also heard that private gynae usually will advised to remove dermoid cyst be it small or big as they just wanna earn big bucks. Any one experience this??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please fight to get it removed don't stop till you do .. I had a possible dermoid cyst removed 3 weeks ago now and since found out it wasn't a dermoid cyst but rare small cell carcinoma ovarian cancer
    • Posted

Hi amy,

Did ur gynae confirmed previously it was a dermoid cyst? And did they done a CA125 blood test for u previously as well?

• Posted

He said they wont know till taken out but they really thought it was and originally told my bloods were ok but they are over 125 .. I have asked why I was told they were ok and was told because they thought I may have endometriosis the levels are similar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.