exhausted with this cysts n depressed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

Could you let me know are you exhausted with having a cysts mine is 11 x 10 x 10

My belly is swollen up with really awful pressure feel like going back to a&e will I ever lose the weight so depressed with it all

Louise x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi louise58361,

I had a 9cmx6cm dermoid cyst removed by laparatomy surgery on Friday. Before the surgery I was very tired and had a lot going on in my digestive system and pain all over my body. Back in January of this year I went to see my Gyn and she found a smaall cyst on right ovary. I was suppose to go back in June to see if it had grown or dissolved on its own. Well in the course of 3 months it grew. I have always been a bit overweight but I looked like I was 5 months pregnant. My gastroentorologist said it was probably IBS. I was depressed too and was eating insanely. After the surgery I am a bit swollen but I can see my toes without having my belly in the way. I still have several weeks to recover but I am staying positive. It is scary and you don't know what to expect, but you have to assure yourself everything will be fine.

But to answer you I say tou should go back to emergency. If you have awful pains it might be that the cyst is twisting your ovary causing blood to be block to your organ. Please do not wait too long seek help. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.

• Posted

Awe thanks for your help I was rushed into hospital last Sunday they were going to operate on 2 occasions but didn't told me to go home and they would send me out an appointment wish I hadn't left the hospital in the first place.

Mine was smaller 2 years ago but has doubled in size just want this alien thing taken out im a taxi driver and can't really drive so my life is on hold specially being self employed I'm not entitled to any help.

Just wish my life was normal again

Love louise x

• Posted

ive just been diagnosed with a 3cm cyst and im constantly bleeding and pains everyday. I too am very tired and fed up that they leave u to get on with it. my symptoms are getting worse so I feel its growing. so I can understand how u feel even though I know mines smaller xxx hope ya ok hun xxx
    • Posted

Awe thanks for the reply I just feel so ugly at the minute my hair isn't sitting right make up is a mess 😂😂😂
    • Posted

two days before my 17th birthday i was rushed into theatre with suspected appendisitis, i was in serious pain! turned out i had inflamed appendix and a ruptured ovarian cyst, before i was constantly tired and in pain....it was awful! you should go to a&e and stamp your feet until someone listens! i hope you feel better soon.

take care,

Kate

X

• Posted

Yes was always tired swallow belly depressed forever got me down but once they are removed u feel a whole lot better and the swalloness will have gone down to
  • Posted

Hi, Louise!

I was admitted last 21st of March and found out that my cyst had grown to 8 cm x 9cm (the last time I went to the gynae was roughly 2 years ago, and the cyst was a little under 3 cm), and by the time I had surgery, it was roughly around the same size as yours.

And yes, I had extreme depression during the last 6 months of 2014. I was emotionally troubled (which led me to quit a job), and was lost. In hindsight, I think that it was the cyst growing that caused my sudden shift of over-all state of mind during that time. I drifted slowly away from everyone -- including my closest of friends, and eventually cut everything off! I was nearly suicidal, and was really dark and twisted, and cynical and lost and everything.

I am also into health and fitness, and am really conscious about my weight. Imagine the horror I felt when the scales kept going up, when I did nothing wrong -- ate right and exercised and all. My shorts didn't fit anymore, and I felt even more down.

Finding out about the cyst, and getting it removed was relieving! Although I really was concerned on gaining weight due to post-surgery inactivity. Thankfully though, I haven't. I lost about 4-5kgs since I got the surgery, and am pleased.

I am back to the normal, happier me (my friend even said, "I'm so glad to have the Vee I knew back, cause I missed her!) ! It will take time be back to the physical state I was in, but my body will eventually keep up.

You are not alone, Louise. And it is pretty normal for women having cysts to feel depression and sadness. Just hold on to hope, cause everything will be alright. Feel free to voice your feelings out, cause it will really help you as you fight your way through.

All the best!

Vee smile

• Posted

Hi Ladies

I had a scan, biopsy and blood test in April, I havent officially been given any results but I did hear the consultant and the lady who did the scan talking about me having fibroids and a csyst. I have rang my GP a few times but they say they havent got the results back yet and just to wait for my follow up appointment

I received an appointment to go back to the consultant in July, however I have now been bleeding constantly for more than 2 months which that alone is getting me down, I have constant back ache / tummy cramp and keep getting sharp pain in my left side. I keep wanting to pass water all of the time. I am feeling so tired I cant be bothered to do anything and just feel so miserable. My hubby is complaining that I never want to do anything and wishes I would cheer up!.. reading your conversations it appears this is normal for woman who have ovarian cysts? I am just in disbelieve that the medical people leave us to suffer like this. I am probably feeling sorry for myself as well as I am always the person who looks after everyone else but no one seems to be understanding how I am feeling :-(

• Posted

It is quite expected for women with ovarian cysts, yes. And it is quite saddening that it is not a common knowledge, that's why we are often misunderstood and often come off as plain rude, lazy, or snobbish.

Medical people see it as just another 'case', and not something that out of the ordinary, and not immediately life-threatening (compared to those of brain tumors, or brain bleeding, and etc). I know, because I am in the field as well. I never fully realized the extent of emotional damage these things can cause to patients, not until I was under its full blown power. I wish there are more empathetic gynae/doctors out there who can feel for us though, it'd definitely mean a lot!

Hope everything goes well for you!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Vee

Yes you are right there are so many people with more serious illnesses/conditions than me.

It helps to know that what I am experiencing is normal for my condition.

Look after yourself x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.