Itchy scabs on scalp

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have really itchy scabs on my scalp I have tried tablets, cream, gel and special shampoo from gp. Nothing has got rid of them can anyone help me?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, itching of scalp may results from seborrhic dermatitis of any fungal infection. Is there any skin lesion on scalp? Itching may be caused due deficiency of selenium in diet or stress .i like to suggest you try some home remedies such as apply apple cider vinegar or baking soda on scalp for 20 minutes and wash your hairs with luke warm water. Never use to cold or to hot water for bath.
  • Posted

​Scalp scabs can be itchy, unsightly and frustrating. Scratching generally makes them worse and increase further chances of infection. As you said, you have tried most of the things but nothing is working; I wonder if you tried virgin oil or not? It is very effective and simple home remedy for scabs on scalp. Simply comb the hair using the wide tooth comb, in order to distribute the oils thoroughly in the hair and scalp. Steroidal cortisone cream is another effective remedy for scabs on scalp. Use humidifier; most scabs on scalp usually occur during cold or winter season. The tar shampoo contains special tars that effectively treat scalp scabs and other scabs faster. This treatment has been proven effective. However, the best way to battle this skin condition is through preventive methods. 
  • Posted

Thank you for your suggestion and advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.