Amitryptiline and high blood pressure

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been on this for nerve pain related to tmj for about 6 months, just 20 mg at night. I still enjoy wine but despite a healthy ish diet, my blood pressure has increased dramatically and I have been told that I now have to take ramipril as well. Has anyone else suffered in this way?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I was only on this for about 7 days I didn't feel great at all for pain .but I did take it around about 15 years ago for my change and it helped be so much and I was fine blood pressure was as well .so hope that helps you hunnie 😃
  • Posted

Been on it over 16 years now for Fibro,,,works great for me..apart from dryness in the mouth..and very sleepy-which is great..I take 25 g at bedtime...both easy remidied....never had high blood pressure from it..but many people on here say that it gives them heart palpitation..I don't know if it does that fir me, because I've been on heart medicatin - PAT it's a tachycardia fir most of my life..so this might be masking it..hooe you find out soon....have a lovely day..be blessed..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi

been on amitrytiline for a couple of months now for never pain as well now taking 20 mg. had my blood pressure taken the other day and it has not effected mine. Just have dry mouth but if I was going to take a wine would not take it then just because of possible side effects of being drowsy.

• Posted

Hey, I take 150mg at night for insomnia

And never have high blood pressure

Infact mine is always low 😐 hope this helps.

Kate.

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on Amitryptiline now since February, I was just diagnosed on Tuesday of having advanced TMJD i was taking 50mg but the Dental Surgeon wants me on 75-100mg in the evening. I was told there is "no quick fix" by him and have also been passed over to a Myotherapist to help treat the TMJD.

I have not experienced high blood pressure but i do get heart palputations and a dry mouth. I also have diazepam prescribed as i have anxiety also.

How long have you had your TMJ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.