I'm desperate

Posted , 4 users are following.

First of all, I apologize for spelling errors. I am a 37-year-old Hungarian man. I use more than  700mg tramadol / day. I had testicular cancer and Sudeck syndrome, the doctors were unable to help. 320mg morphine they gave me, because I sometimes screamed in pain. When I got better, they were replaced the morphine to tramadol I gave first time 1200mg after 1000mg.   I'm using 750 or up to 900 mg / day. Unfortunately, the doctor told me that maybe I can not put down the tramadol never because i have regional pain syndrome, and many another pain. I live in England a year ago and happens to run out of my medications. I  just go everywhere, walkin center, hospital, pharmacy and I see the terrified glances everywhere. I am ashamed that I have to use this pain killer, I am ashamed that I am an addict. Sometimes I think about a lot of bad things.  I tried to stop, but came to the withdrawal symptoms and the pain and I'm a strong man but I cry like a child. I do not know that I really need this drug. And if I need it who can give,If I would like to reduce  who can help me cause I have GP but the doctors dont like to help about tramadol. I am confused. I would like to die. I feel people here are very strong and I admire theirs struggle. I failed. I  just hope you understand me...Im sorry about my english.cry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Krisztian. Im so sorry about this horrible situation you are in. If you have read all the Tramadol related posts then you will know that the main thing is to withdraw really really slowly. Unfortunately even if you do this you are still going to get the withdrawal symptoms. Its a tricky med! sadIf you do this successfully will your original pain not come back though? Hopefully some of thebother people who have had similar problems to you will be able to advise more than me because I had more support I guess. You sound like you desperately need help and support to manage your pain and to sort out the Tramadol problem. I wonder if going to a& e would help initially and say you are desperate and no one will help. Please dont feel ashamed. It is scary to think that your body is so dependent on these meds I know. What area in the UK are you in. Keep your spirits up. You can do this. But you need help too. X
  • Posted

Please don't feel ashamed. You have had some very difficult health problems to deal with. I hope your cancer is now gone. Tapering down slowly is the only way but you need help to manage your pain. Your doctor can refer you to the Pain Clinic for your Regional Pain Syndrome. At the Pain Clinic they will help you to look at options for managing your pain. Don't feel ashamed and don't give up. Ask your GP for help. Ask about a referal to the Pain Clinic. 
    • Posted

Yes I was referred to the Chronic Pain Clinic via my GP and they are very helpful. If your current GP is less than helpful try changing. They must help you though. I found it useful to take someone with me for backup. When my son was not being treated very well by his GP I went with him and they were a damn sight more respectful towards him when I was there! Let us know how you get on. X
  • Posted

Hi Kris,

That's about the dosage I was on for about 3-4 years. As other's say it's best to taper slow. Tramadol withdrawal seems to come with a lot of added anxiety & emotional discomfort which makes the opiate withdrawal symptoms almost impossible to handle. What worked best for me was to get on an SSRI antidepressant as I taperred down the Tramadol. Taking Kratom also helped but that can become addictive in itself. I'm not sure if it's legal there as it is in the US. With Kratom, at least you're not having to deal with doctors who most times want nothing to do addicts.

Other than those suggestions, what helped me with withdrawal was:

Stay hydrated

Hot baths

Comfortable chairs

Someone to help me taper

People to talk to

Movies for those long nights

Stay as active as you can

Keep your mind someone other than your discomfort

Vitamin supplements, potassium, magnesium, B6

God & prayer

Remember the search for an easier solution just keeps you stuck

Face the pain

Don't do it alone

One minute at a time, one day at a time

Sex

Massage

Be patient with yourself

Don't trust your feelings

A comfortable bed

This too shall pass

I can do all things thru God who strengthens me

A good doctor

Kleenex

Don't eat anything that's hard to digest

Ativan

Friends & family

Honesty

Hydration, pottasium, hot baths, massage help with RLS

Give someone else control over your supply

get a pill cutter

stretching & yoga

A medical detox if it's available. Keep in mind the struggle is not over after a medical detow. You will still have any insane sleepless nights.

Excecise

Also keep in mind that drugs intended to make you sleep, will most likely only make the sleepless night MORE INSANE. It's just makes the need to sleep stronger, and the inability to sleep more insane.

No one ever died from lack of sleep, so I've been told.

Get some sun, don't hide in a cave.

Again, most of all, BE PATIENT

People do care, & youre not alone, we understand.

Know those negative thoughts & feelings are not real. You're body screams out like a spoiled child, and your mind is acting the same.

look at the Tramadol like a poison & not your best friend

It's a grieving process & it has the same stages. It is like the loss of a best friend, but you're going t be better off on the other side after having been through it. You'll have an increased capacity to love others as you can relate to their pain. Let the pain hit and don't run from it. Pain seems to carve out a place in your heart that ends up increasing your capacity to love others.

You can do it, just be patient, and don't try to do it all alone.

Carl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.