Inguinal Hernia Symtoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had an Inguinal Hernia for several years and lately it's been bulging more. I seem to be able push it in for the most part. By the way I decided to have surgery to treat it soon.

Lately I have been having some troubling symtoms: Burning pain in my solar plexus area or just to the left near my stomach that lasts for up to 20 hours and builds in intensity as the hours pass , then at a certain point the pain trails off and stops within about a half hour or less or less and then I am pain free for 20 hours to a few days. Then the pain cycle starts again.Pain for a day, pain free for about a day. This pain cycle has been going on for over a month. I am also getting dizzy spell and my kidneys acke. And also full body spasms.

Could these symtoms be related to the hernia? Perhaps complications of perhaps beginnings of a strangulation hernia?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Craig your symptons sound very similar to mine. You didn't mention how long after surgery you are ?
  • Posted

Sorry just read not had surgery yet forget previous reply
  • Posted

My hernia was caused by a perforated bowel, caused by adhesions following 3 C section.  If it's helpful the symptons I had for sometime before my bowel perforated were, sickness, pain, discomfort and severe constipation, which I think maybe similar to symptoms prior to hernia strangulation, which is a similar thing ie strangulation of bowel.  I am no doctor so these are just my assumptions. 

As a result of surgery, I had an incisional hernia, I had it repaired with mesh plush abdominoplasty to repair my failing abdomen in Edinburgh in September last year.  I found a surgeon who is chair of the European and British Hernia society, Mr Andrew De Beaux to do my repair, as I felt I wanted the best surgeon I could find.  He has done a great job and I am now starting to recover well. 

I hope all goes really well for you

• Posted

I wanted to add the other symtoms that I burp sometimes for hours.
  • Posted

when my bowel finally perforated following years of stomache problems my first symptoms of it perforating were, a few days of v runny poo, then just prior to it bursting a very dry mouth, about 3 hours before, followed by being violently sick, the pain was so intense and severe that I became delirious and a slight fever. Much worse than labour pains. When I had completely emptied my stomache I then started to sick up green bile this is because your bowels are not dealing with it ie it should be going through you but no longer can. 

If this happens to you call an ambulance pdq, cut out the middle man and get yourself to a hospital, time is of the essence. This is the worst case scenario, and hopefully wont happen to you, but if it does you will know what to do, but in the meantime. do see your doctor, he/she should be able to advise you about the state of your hernia and what action needs to be taken, if any and when.

Hope this is helpful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.