i take 6 co-dydramol tablets most eves in one go (10-500mg) is this ok as i take them in one go ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I basically take them as they relax me so much and life just seams that little bit easier to deal with .

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I really think that you shouldnt be taking more than 2 of these tablets at a time. They are supposed to be used for controlling pain. Do make an appointment with your gp and discuss it with him. He might be able to prescribe another drug to help you relax. Good luck!
  • Posted

I would echo that - whilst you may be feeling better mentally, you're not doing your physical health any good, especially your liver. I certainly would advise against using prescription medication as a crutch and would strongly suggest that you talk to your GP for professional support. Whether its depression or anxiety, they can put you in touch with people who can help.

Tarun (pharmacist)

• Posted

You don't say what the problem is that makes you want to relax as Co-dydramol is an analgesic.
  • Posted

I agree. these can be addictive and are used to control pain. there are other ways to learn how to relax.
  • Posted

I realise this question was over a year ago - but if the original questioner (or anyone else is still looking....) STOP it please! Co-dydramol is made of two drugs used mainly for pain killing - Dihydrocodeine and Paracetamol. By taking 6 tablets in one go you are taking almost a full daily dose of paracetamol at once. You are going to kill yourself in a very slow painful way and there is no treatment. (apart from liver transplant). The sense of well being comes from the dihydrocodeine - it is an opioide drug like morphine. You should see your doctor at once.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.