What are your experiences with Idrostar?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For months I have been reading about German iontophoresis machines and now BLAM! - on one of the websites I frequent, I found out about Idrostar, a UK-manufactured one, which should be easier to order and might even be cheaper.

Sadly it seems that Idrostar users are either few or shy, as I cannot find many testimonials online. Since this is a UK website, I hoped there might be people who used Idrostar here. Please respond and tell me how did your treatments go. Is Idrostar really good and easy to use? eek *unsure*

These are the testimonials I found so far:

iontophoresis info - http://www.iontophoresis.info/hyperhidrosis-testimonials

hh network - http://hyperhidrosisnetwork.com/idrostar-plus-review/

...but I would like to hear more! At the moment I still lean towards getting one of the German ones (Idromed or Hidrex), since they seem to be more popular. neutral

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't comment positively or negatively about the Idrostar machines because I have never used one.My experience with iontophotresis over the last 7 years has been with the Idromed 5 PC machine and i can say that this machine got me dry and  has kept me dry all these years .It has never let me down - I once changed the electrodes thats all. Its painless and easy to use , I watch tv while doing my maintenance treatments. Iontophoresis has changed my life,being dry is a blessing. 
  • Posted

Based on my experience, Idrostar is effective in helping me contain my mild hyperhidrosis. I started my treatment late part of January 2017. I followed the recommended frequency of sessions. For the first three weeks, nothing changed. I thought it got worse because my hands and feet were sweating when I woke up at 3 am for several nights. After one month, my palm started to feel dry but my finger tips were still sweating.

After one month treatment, I started thinking it may not just work for me but I persevered. I increased the amount of water to fully cover my fingertips and I started doing treatment every two days. After three weeks doing the treatment, hands and feet had become completely dry although I still feel they were sweating... but actually dry, if you get my drift. Now i am just doing it once a week for maintenance. I had to apply moisturiser as well every now and then.

Andy

• Posted

Hi Andy. Very happy to hear your success with idrostar. I have juwt started my treatments. Are you still continuing with success two month later. Thanks.

Beth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.