Losartan blood pressure tablets

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i recently have been put on ramiprill for high blood pressure but unfortunatley i have a bad skin reaction while taking them . my gp as now changed my meds and put me on losartan 50mg is there anybody taking this drug and have you had any problems being on it.

thanks tracy

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy, if you are still following this >I would be interested to know how you got on with losartan, did it control HBP and any side effects. I have been on 3 diff. meds none of which seem to have lowered my readings to acceptable levels yet but all with some horrid side effects making me feel quite unwell. I haven't tried ARBs yet so would be interested to hear your reaction. Thks & good health Sue
    • Posted

Hi sue I have been on losartan now for bout 10mths I was put on these because I had a bad reaction to ramipril. I havent had a great of problems with these really I get some tiredmess but not as bad when first started. Ive had the occasional light headedness but nothing reallu to worry about otherwise I am quite happy on these.my bp is back now to normal level which is a sign they have worked on me and gp is now pleased with. Hope that helps tracy.
    • Posted

Hi Tracy, thanks for the info. I know they can all vary from person to person but when the dr said yesterday he was just upping the ramipril to 5mg I asked why they hadn't tried any of the angio-tensins as I was getting the best results from the enalapril, enlodipine which both gave me horrid side effects, & he just said they all work the same way??? why are they in different groups then??? so far ramipril have had the least side effects but then I've been on such a low dose, although I have had a really wobbly head & my readings have gone up, trouble is I seem to get tongue tied & feel a nuisance when I'm in the surgery & don't push my thoughts. Anyway, I'll see over the weekend what effects I get & probably be back at drs next week! What I have read on line most people on Losartan seem happy on it, and a close friend has been on it for a number of years after a slight stroke with no side effects, so thanks for your confirmation. best wishes Sue
    • Posted

Hi sue.                                                                 

I have never really understood why so many different ones. Some people do well on ramipril I have 2 sisters on them with no problems I go on them I ended up with a bad rash so didnt work for me.my gp say that losartan as fewer side effects thats why I was put on them and he was right. But like you say everyone is different . Dont worry about going to your gp thats what there for. They put you on them in the first place some tablets dont suit all. You are not a nuisance if your body doesnt feel right then somethings wrong. Its worth mentioning losartan see how you get on with them gps say you can swap and change any time to get the right ones as all do the same thing. Best wishes tracy

• Posted

Thanks Tracey, have upped ramipril to 5mg this weekend, since changing to ramipril I have felt less tired, &certainly much better than on the others I've tried but time will tell if the readings will drop/stabilise, will probably have to up the dosage & see how it goes, but at least now I feel losartan may be an alternative if side effects increase with dosage??? thanks again for your reassurance. Sue
    • Posted

Hi sue.                                                  Your welcome and goodluck with your meds.                                  Tracy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.