Hetias hernia and bad breath

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone had the problem of hiatus hernia and bad breath? Any solutions for this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi zaddy

you bad breath may not be linked to your hiatus hernia check with your gp you may have helicobactor pylori bug in your stomach which causes bad breath a course of medication clears it up and cures the bad breath

• Posted

I got the helicobacter pylori test done but it came as negative. My GP doesn't have any solution to it.. What do I do? When my endoscopy was done, the byopies taken for the test were also negative.

Anything I eat I feel that the smell comes. Any other possibility? Should I get a breath test done?

• Posted

Hi, it could be Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth which is what I have. I also have hiatus hernia. You can have a hydrogen breath test to test whether you have SIBO. 

Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.