flat feelings

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, all.

The anxiety and deppression seem to be levelng out finally, but now I have this feeling of flatness to my mood. Has anyone had this? This is also starting to cause me concern.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That is me down to a tee when it comes to fluoxetine. I find the feeling quite annoying, i do think it's better than the downs and the anxiety but its like being and not really being....

With flu this time around ive felt like that pretty much from the beginning, (going from anxious, to really low to flat) i thought the 'dead inside' phase wasnt going to go, but yesterday for the first time in months i woke up in a very good mood (my mornings are the worst ) and ive had a pretty decent last few days where i havent been that neutral and flat. So yes, i think its pretty common l and it should get better smile xxx

• Posted

Hope you are feeling good today, Ana. Please update us on your progress.
    • Posted

Hi Karen!

Ive been better but also worse! So im not complaining too much.

The first 2 weeks on 40 mg were quite good, i was on a bit of a high, bit shaky but good mood overall,now i feel like like ive come down again. My sleeping is awful again too. I think thats what i dislike the most atm, i wake up constantly throughout the night and have lots of nightmares...

But my mood has improved overall and tomorrow i start therapy,so trying to remain positive and patient.

How have you been? X

• Posted

The anxiety has definitely mellowed. Just feeling flat mostly with intermittent crying spells. Not myself yet.
  • Posted

Yep - I have had this a few times...

It kind of confuses and irritates me.

Some days you need to scrape me off the ceiling and others... well ... early to bed and Candy Crush whilst listening to the radio before nodding off seems to be the solution.

I have just upped to 60mg to see if that helps... i feel good today and plan to go for a hour long walk/jog tonight. My weight/other meds may be partially the cause of the "flatness"...

Lets see! neutral

• Posted

Hi Richo how long are u on 60mg and how do u feel now? I am on 60mg for 5 and a half weeks now and I'm still not 100% myself and my doc. wants me to go up to 80mg but I don't know what to do.
    • Posted

Hi Keke

It appears i have been on 60 for 8 or 9 days now and still feeling a little flat. I am walking every day now and am probably covering 25 extra miles a week.. i.e. 25 miles of walking for the sake of walking.

My walks have been awesome...stopping to see the world around me that i never had chance, or the inclination, ever do before.

Some of this has been with my family but mostly by myself.

I don't know what i would do without this "me time" right now...its never something i have done before.

How was your transition from the lower doses to 60? My side effects are almost gone - sleeping better now, some white noise, but overall am better in myself. I have to go to the docs next week to discuss the upping to 60, as it was a unilateral decision and im not sure he will be too happy. Have you improved each step up generally?

• Posted

Hi Richo as I said been on the 60mg for 5 weeks see improvement but still a little anxious, so I spoke to my psychiatrist yesterday and she wrote a prescription for 80mg.

She says with that I should hopefully be back to myself. I started the 80mg this morning and I am praying this does the job.

My transition from a lower dose to what I am at now was up and down. The anxiety improved but is still there.

So we will see wat the 80mg does and I'll keep you posted on the feelings.

God bless.

• Posted

And you to Keke - the main problems i see with some of us (including me) is we dont know how much better we should/could feel if stayed on the dose we are at.

It may be the next day to feel great...Ive had a few of them... It may be the next week...or 2 weeks... or it may be we are on not enough or even too much.... aaaarrrrggghhh!!!! Frustrating!!!

Im going to dig in at this dose for a few weeks and see how things progress. I think i was expecting to have a bit more energy by now at least.. ah-well!

• Posted

I know wat u mean. When the doctor said to increase I went back and forth in my mind if I should or shouldn't, then I thought if I've been on 60mg for 5 weeks and I'm still not 100 then maybe the 80mg will take me feel normal quicker.

That's just my opinion and my way of trying to hope for the best and feel better sooner.

I would hope she would know after 3 months going up on dosage when to increase to get the full benefits. Keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer in my heart that this dose does it.

• Posted

i hope so....

Im not sure how high this drug can go..

Does it depend at all on physical size of the person as much as alcohol possibly does?

• Posted

I have no idea. She told me that she has patients that goes up to 120mg per day. I am hoping to God that I don't get to that point.

• Posted

Hi,Keke and Richo. I have been on 40mg for 6 wks and I am not back to normal yet. Thought I would be by now. Still have some anxiety and crying days in between fairly good days. I may go up, too, if things don't settle down soon. What kind of things are ya'll experiencing on bad days?
    • Posted

Hey hun sorry to hear that ur not feeling better yet. I just started on 80mg today and I feel alot better. I hope it stays that way.

I increase after 5 weeks at 60mg because my doctor said it take me to my theraputic dose and hopefully it does.

I am praying for us all who suffer from this horrible illness. Stay bless and intouch.

• Posted

Hi Karen

Bad days!?! Hmmmm! Still get the odd sense of not knowing how to move forward... listless... some bad sleeps... a little crying from time to time - much less than before tho.

My weight is up and my back is bad - these make me feel down even more so when feeling flat.

I need to get off my ar*e a little more and get back to doing stuff generally... no matter what... just stuff!

• Posted

"Bad days!?! Hmmmm! Still get the odd sense of not knowing how to move forward... listless... some bad sleeps... a little crying from time to time - much less than before tho."

This sounds like what I'm feeling, too. I'm just ready to be normal again.

• Posted

How are you feeling today, Keke, since your increase?
    • Posted

hi, Keke. How are you getting along after moving up on your med?
    • Posted

How are you today, Richo?

• Posted

Hi Karen

Thanks for asking...

Today I am coping... just ticking over... all news seems to be bad news at the minute, so the meds are at least smoothing over the cracks a bit.

I sense you want to chat!?

How are you today?

I think private messages work on here too from what i remember, so if you ever feel the need... please do so.

• Posted

I was wondering how you were doing on 60mg. since going up about 2 weeks ago? I'm considering going up to 60mg too. I'm better overall, but still down and flat feeling. The anxiety is not nearly as bad, but I'm just so ready to be me again! Not sure if I want to go up or just give it a little more time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.