omeprazole bad effects eyes heart

Posted , 3 users are following.

I took 2 tablets of 20mg a week ago and got double vision and heart issues also knee caps feel odd plus i vomited and have mental change keep pacing around

Do these effects wear off?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

They will wear off but was that the dose your doctor prescribed? 
    • Posted

Yes it was i did not even have reflux just was bloated badly by my meds

Are you sure this wears off, my eyes were burning a lot plus vision is poor with double in left eye

Heart feels odd and so does chest, iv mentally been really bad

I had no idea these tablets did this.

• Posted

When did you take them? If it's so bad james it might be an idea to ring NHS direct or your doctor 
    • Posted

I took Them one week ago. I phoned doc and they think its ok its ridiculous
    • Posted

Jamesw, if this is the reaction of your GP, then sincerely I would change to one who listens.

There are good and bad GP's like everything in life and one who doesnt listen should start.

I dont know what drugs you are on and for what, but find a GP who wants to help you and ask him to review your medications, do your own research and decide with your GP what you want to do.

Sadly, doctors often dont have enough time to do their jon the way they would like to, its not an excuse but it is reality and therefore part of this is up to you.. you need to look at your lifestyle and nutrition and maybe you wont need all the medications.

The sad fact is that all too often, a drug to solve one issue creates another or several..so see if there are other options other than just drugs.

Nutrition is so often the answer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.