Plantar fasciitis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anybody had more than one course of sessions of shock wave therapy?  My first lot did not work very well and I'm wondering if another lot would do the trick.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sadly ive had the lot done, and nothing has worked. So now im hoping this Prp treatment will work, all i want is to beable to walk and stand up for longer than half an hour without been in pain. I know its asking alot, but i just hope it woriks for me, going to see a foot surgeon in July, so fingers crossed...:P
    • Posted

I had to look what PRP treatment was as I didn't know.  All the best with it and I would be interested to see how things go.  You didn't actually say if you had more than one lot of sessions for Shock Wave Therapy.  Can you let me know if you did please.  Thank you
    • Posted

I had 3 lots of shock wave therapy, it didnt work. I had the 3 lots of steriod injections, those triggered my migraines, so i cant have those anymore also they didnt work either. i went to see another surgeon last year and he said that PRP can work for some people but not for others.  I will try anything, just to get a little bit of peace from all this pain. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Ruth.  The very best of luck with your PRP.  Come back on this site after your treatment and let me know how it went.  I may try SWT again as it did ease things off for a couple of months. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.