2 weeks nearly post op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

2 weeks has nearly past from my laporatomy surgery which I had a very large chocolate cysts removed ovary and fallopian tube all taken out

Still very tired and sore but nothing like what I was for the first time today I felt nauseous

I still have a bloated and swollen tummy when should this disappear?

Thanks in advance louise xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, don't be too hard on yourself, it is still early days.  I think you need to allow six weeks post op for things to settle. I am sure you will be updating on here sayings how much better you feel.  You need to take things easy and rest as much as possible.  Your tummy will gradually return to normal over the next four weeks.  Thanks for the update x
  • Posted

Oh blimey I am having mine next week I think and I thought I would only need a week off work! I am having right ovary, cysts, right tube and endimetriosis removed as well as adhesions separated. Consultant said if I need the bigger op we would discuss it afterwards.  I wonder if I can just tell them that if that isgoing to be necessary to do it all in one go? I really don't want to end up with two ops! This one was supposed to be 4 weeks ago but they cancelled it minutes before I was due to go to surgery, so I have been suffering the whole time, so thethought of it not all being donein onego is not nice.

hope you are feeling better soon! Just rest as much as poss and drink peppermint tea, I was told that ayway for aterwards xx

• Posted

Hi sandy

Are you having open surgery? I have to take this time off as im a taxi driver and wouldn't be insured to drive..

Don't worry about the op I had endometriosis aswell which I didn't know about.

Can I ask what does the peppermint tea do?

Love louise xx

• Posted

Peppermint tea helps with the bloating. I have having laporoscopic, have already had 4 weeks off recently ad only returned to work in March after 18 months off sick! I am gonna be dismissed I am sure! Nothing I can do about it though I suppose. Thats why if I am going to end up with a total hysterectomy I would rater they do it now, than bring me in again at a later date and consultant has aready said that may be necessary with evrything tha has been going on. I am almost 48 so not bothered about eveything coming out, would be a lt easier for many reasons! 

Also suck  mints apparently! I wastold this in my pre op, pity they didnt pick up on my problem in pre op so the anaesthetist didnt have to cancel it! Xx

• Posted

i am hoping its laparoscopy anyway!! The cysts have grown a lot since first found! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.