Possibly Mini Stroke 4 months ago still recovering.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I believe a may have had a mini stroke 4 months ago, is there anyway i can conclusively test this?

Thanks.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Not really, you must act at the time it happens. FAST is the test. Face: is the mouth distorted. Arms: can he lift his arms above his head? Smile: ask him to smile. Talk: does he know where he is? Can he speak clearly to you.

if ANY of the above are not there phone 999 immediately. Don't wait.

• Posted

Last weekend my husband complained of feeling unwell and lost the feeling in his left hand.  He didn't want to go to the doctor but I insisted.   Turns out he had a mini stroke caused by an almost blocked artery in his neck which he was told was inoperable and would eventually become completely blocked.  Fortunately he was also told the blood to his brain has found alternative channels.  He has been prescribed clopidogrel and had an increase in his atorvastatin medication.  Who knows what would have happened had this not been diagnosed and treated with the new medication.  The only way you can test whether you need some treatment is to get yourself to the doctor and I would advise you do it sooner rather than later even if it does turn out that your fears are unfounded.  Best of luck 
  • Posted

Yes, a scan will either confirm or rule out a TIA (mini stroke).  Do make an appointment with your GP asap as if you have in fact had a TIA, you will need to have some blood thinning medication, such as Clopidogrel or aspirin, to protect you from another TIA or, worse still, a full stroke. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.