Don't quit

Posted , 5 users are following.

the following poem is my favourite and is by an annonomous author I believe, I hope it helps

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Don’t Quit! 

When things go wrong, and they sometimes will, 

When the road you’re trudging seems all uphill, 

When the funds are low and the debts are high, 

And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, 

When care is pressing you down a bit, 

Rest if you must, but you mustn’t quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns, 

As everyone of us sometimes learns, 

And many a failure turns about, 

When one might have won had he stuck it out. 

Don’t give up though the pace seems slow, 

You might succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than it seems to a faint and faltering man, 

Often the struggler has given up, 

When he might have captured the victor’s cup. 

And he learned to late, when the night slipped down, 

How close he was to the victor’s crown.

Success is failure turned inside out, 

The silver tint of the cloud of doubt, 

And you can never tell how close you are, 

It may be near when it seems afar. 

So stick to the fight when you are hardest hit, 

It’s when things seem worst that you mustn’t quit!

• Posted

Once again I have come across my poem God gave me back in the mid 2000s. I'm so glad it has blessed countless people. Don't know how it came about a few years ago being on Facebook. I happened to see it one day while scrolling through a certain section. I was very shocked as to how it got there. Then later I remembered I had passed out some copies at this church. I think someone from there put it on Facebook. That's fine. A couple years later I was on Amazon and there was my poem on all kinds of merchandise. Many people had added their own verses. Some at the beginning, some in the middle, and some at the bottom.  I'm very pleased that God gave me the talent to write poems and songs to help others. God bless and Merry Christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.