GBS

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI I had GBS at age 2 now I am 39 and began to have lot of muscle pain and weeakness recently . Along with Fibromyalgia symptoms. My legs have been very weeak achy like I've ran a marathon. Can anyone tell  me what to do .I have been on all  types of medicnes the last one was amitritylline. My weakness feels worst. I have seek a neurologist my primary is trying to help me but is awful .

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you had plasma exchange or high dose immuno globin therapy? 
    • Posted

Hi

No I havent done anything related to that.I ve doanted blood but thats all. My PMD keeps giving medication for Fibro and depression.I felt great with cymbalta. After a few weeks of starting any medication my body gets sensitive. ITs been almost  3weeks since I stop CAymbalta 20mg and since then she made jump into the Amitriptilline 25mg .I feel awful very weak no energy. I havent seen a Neurologist yet. Sometime I think Iam ok but then it exaxerbates the weakness in my extremities . thank  you

• Posted

Plasma exchange and high dose immuno globin therapy are prescribed for GBS. I cannot imagine they are cheap though. Amitriptyline is often prescribed for depression, it relaxes muscles so can give pain relief.   You really need a diagnosis for the weakness though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.