are they safe

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been online and found places where you can buy diazepam can any one tell me if they are safe please 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol

Please dont take them.

i did take take them as i was tapering off another benzo and Diazepam was the drug that  they recommend to crossover to if one is tapering.

Can i ask why you want to take them for what reason is it for sleep. anxiety etc.

• Posted

hi tootsie ive been on them for years snd now out of the blue they started cutting me down ive cut down by one but when i rang today they have took another one off,things are vrey bad at home i cant stand the withdrawls i cant believe that they are doing this to me thats why i looked to see if i could by them ive never done it before, i have very bad anxiety now its even worse xx
    • Posted

Hi Carol

You need to tell whoever is prescribing them that if they are taking you off them. That it needs to be done slowly and safely.

Doctors have not got a clue on how to taper you off safely.

Your situation does not surprise me as it happens a lot.

Google benzodiazpines and you will find a forum the forum is where i

found people in the same situation as yourself. They are the ones that will help you.

But you need a supply of Diazepam to continue to taper and it is not a good idea to buy them on line as you dont know what you are getting.

i am so angry that doctors or whoever decides to take you off think it is a case of cutting down your pills and that is it. It is not the way to do it.

It can be done but needs to be the right way and safest way.

Also google Ashton manual and print it off and show your prescriber this is how it needs to be done.

Please let me know how you get on and if you decide to join forum.

• Posted

hi thankyou i might try the forum,but the truth is i dont want to come off them.i wish i had never been given them tho n the first place,my son is such hard work i have no support at all,thats why i'm tempted to buy them but i know they might not be safe.i just dont know what to do,id like to go to sleep and not wake up its all to much xx
    • Posted

Carol

i dont know your circumstances as for the reason you took them.

But you will become tolerant to them as i did with mine.

i dont know how old you are but you really need to look into what they can do you long term.

I feel that this is the reason you are being taken off them.

i know what you are saying about not wanting to wake up.

This may also be the diazepm making you feel like this as i know that they can make people fell depresssed .

• Posted

Sorry should say feel depressed
    • Posted

hi i'm 62 they first put me on them when i had my daughter she was born with spina bifida then they gave me nitrazepam.i was on and of them over the years,i wish i had stayed of them i had a bad breakdown in the early 80s but when i came out of hospital i was on nothing and felt well,then my son started with mental health problems  anyway things got worse and they put me back on them.there has been so much upset and worry its really takrn it out of me,but i had my lovely mum but i lost her 3 years ago she was my rock i love and miss her so much and she didnt deserve to suffer the way she did i'll never get over it,my daughter is doing fine she has a partner and she's very happy but in pain alot i love her so much she comes back at w/ends,but my son is very different he seems to take after me with anxiety he has alot of other problems tho but i love him very much,i know i'm depressed and now ive gone agrophobic i have antidepressents but i never really wanted to take them.but now things have reached breaking point,so it isnt a good time to start coming off tabs.the reason they gave is that all gps have to try and get people of them but i read that they should follow goverment guidelines not forced,but they are doing,i can understand them getting young people of them but not at my age.i'm so upset and feel like i'm being threatend everything is being taken away from me,sorry ive gone on xx
  • Posted

Nitrazepam was the drug that i was also on and went onto Diazepam to do my taper.

If you join the forum they will help you come off them if you decide to do this.

There are members that were older than yourself that have come off Nitrazepam

and they are doing well. And some have taken them for 30 years or more.

But if you feel that you want to continue taking them then you must speak to your GP and make them aware of your situation.

I can see your concern coming off them but you need to look at your life long term.

It is possible that you will become tolerant to the Nitrazepam as I did.

There is areason why GP's have to been told to take patients off their benzos but as i have said before it needs to be done the right way.

• Posted

There is a really good article from 2011 in the Independent called 'doctors sued for creating valium addicts' google it and you will find it. It sheads some light on why doctors are wanting to get peoplle off benzodiazepines. But it also says that no one should be forced to come off, and that taking people off them too quickly can be dangerous. I haave definitely found doctors are more reluctant to prescribe them now. I have temazepam but am only allowed one prescription every 6 months, so I have to be very careful how often I take them and only take one if I am really having problems. I used to take them every night, but since being on mirtazapine, I have been able to almost get off them completely. You need to go back to your GP and perhaps see a different doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.