When do side effects start please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

How soon after starting will side effects start?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I always interpret side effects to be bad things, but I believe you are wondering how long before you notice changes as a result of the fluxotine.  If I'm correct at this thinking, I can only say that I personally noticed changes within the first two weeks.
  • Posted

Hi there!

Wow!!

Some people may hardly experience any at all.

Others... hmmmmm!

Me - middle of the pack it seems.

Started on the 2nd day i think. Got worse for 2 weeks and then dropped off gradually until i changed dosage. Then they came back but were different in strength each change - not quite so bad if i remember right.

How long since you started?

• Posted

Only day two been in benzodiazepine s for four months desperate to stop them as feel I should never have been given them for so long
    • Posted

No I meant when will the bad side effects start
  • Posted

Hi Cleora,

Everyone is different. You may be lucky and have no side effects at all.

It's a long process I'm afraid, but stick with it because it is definitely worth it. This forum helps massively.

I had terrible side-effects for about two weeks, almost immediately after starting them. My anxiety hit the roof, my teeth were clamped together, I couldn't eat and I was awake all night and falling asleep all day. I also felt time was slowed down almost to a stand-still and I randomly cried for no reason. I read a lot on here but couldn't talk to anyone.

I'm on week 8 now and feeling a lot better. My teeth still grind a little and I'm a little sleepy in the afternoons, but other than that I'm okay. My depression is almost gone completely and the anxiety is at a manageable level. I laugh with my boyfriend again and have started looking forward to things for the first time in about a year. I have high hopes for being myself again by 10 weeks.

Stick with it and vent on here as much as you need to. Reading other people's progress has really helped me. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.