Week 1......

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am at the end of week one and have just weighed. In my first week (well 6 days) I have lost 2lb. I am chuffed that I have a loss but I was expecting it to be more as I have been so good. When I read other forums people are saying they have lost more in a shorter space of time. Also (not that I am complaining too much) but I have had no side effect whatsoever. Has anyone else had slow weight loss with no side effects? Did you continue loosing at a slow rate? Or did the weight loss increase after a week or two? Or did it not work n weight loss slowed to a hault?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm on day 4 and lost nothing!

Again I've been very good in what I eat

Can you share some of your meals / food ideas

Thanks

• Posted

Thank you for you reply.

for breakfast I will either have a bowl of bran flakes with skimmed milk, or a small pot of porridge.

lunch is usually a salad, either ham or grilled chicken with the usual tomatoes, cucumber lettuce etc. I have been adding a very small amount of cheese to this and a low fat salad cream. The other day though I had X1 warburton thins bread with ham and pickle

dinners this week have been, a pasta bake, grilled chicken with salad and pitta's, jacket potatoes, and wholemeal rice with chicken. 

I do do usually have snacks during the day but this will be a mix up of strawberries, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, grapes, apples, carrot (raw) etc and maybe a slice of soreen bread.

• Posted

What types of foods have u been eating
    • Posted

Hi

yesterday Special K porridge

lunch ham sandwhich with beetroot

tea salad, olives with mackerel

carrots and blueberries for snacks

2 litres water

today

weetabix

3 ray vitas with tomatoes

carrots

• Posted

Sounds like your eating all the right things. Hopefully you will see the loss you are after on your first weigh in. I am going to pursue with the tablets in the hope I continue to loose each week even if it is only 2lb. I would like to get down to 11st 6lb, I am 13st 2lb as of weigh in this morning. I'm going away on holiday on the 21st July, the close I get to 11st 6lb the better haha xx
  • Posted

I have just started week 9 and I have only lost 8 pounds sad. I have had no side effects and I average only 12 grams of fat for the day. Today I've had only 8 grams. I have measured myself all over and have lost 110cms in total so that's encouraging but wish I could see it on the scales. Im vegetarian and eat lots of steamed veges and salad. So on average you are doing well! ! I dont know if I will continue after this month coz they cost me a fortune thru the doctors

• Posted

Thank you anloblue for your reply. do you exercise much? I must admit this is my failure as I work 9am till 6pm plus every other weekend so don't get much time to exercise. When I am not at work I do run about doing all the house work but again once I have finished, the last think I want to do is go for a job or the gym. I wonder though should I do more exercise I may see a bigger loss?
    • Posted

I am not allowed to exercise at the moment as I have a slipped disc and have just started physio. That is why I was put on orlistat, as I was using a cross trainer and was worried about weight going on while I recover from the back pain. I just think for me, I may well have lost the same amount without the tablets due to my low fat intake. I follow all the 5g per 100g etc and no side effects means its the right diet. I am sure exercise will speed it up though! Maybe it just takes more time to kick in with some people. Measurements is good to try though.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you slipped a disc. I hope you have a quick recovery.

My dr put me on oralist because I have psos and I had my gallbladder removed in September last year and have gained 2st since then even with healthy eating. I am really hoping this works otherwise I don't know what to do. My weight was going up and up and I was getting so down about it. I have been using a slendertone belt everyday too to help tone the wobbly bits. I am off to Turkey at the end of July so wanted to loose as much as possible by then, and keep it all off.

• Posted

Hi hannah ive just read your post now my 1st post was the same as yours i had a slow loss too at the start but stick with it it could be a lot 1 week and less the next ive now lost 21lb in 3 months so im getting there but stick with it it WILL come of as long as you stick to 5gms per 100 of fat per item of food no more then 15gms per meal are you sticking to calorie allowance too i stick to 1200 a day but if ive excercised that day and go over a little on calories its ok have you got myfitnesspal app? It will help you track everything you eat in a day if you add the info into it and tell you how many calories you need to have stick with it you doing well your still losing well done xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.