so frustrated

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I was taking 40mg of flu and had no relief so my psychiatrist said she didn't want to give up on the flu yet so put me on 60mg. I tell her my heart is constantly racing and my thoughts race as well.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will work . It is really irritating when the doctors aren't sympathetic about what your going through like it's your fault this happened to you. It's not very encouraging . I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety is a side effect of Fluoxetine until levelling out at the right dose.

How long have you been on Flu?

• Posted

Certainly 2 months should see those side effects calming.

Its hard to say whether this is the right med for you.

How long do you plan to give the increased dose?

• Posted

I'm supposed to go back in a month. I'm hesitate to start this increased dose since I'll be going on vacation next week.
  • Posted

I also still have racing heartbeat and palpitations. I've been on 40mg for 6 weeks. I think it affects everyone a little different.
    • Posted

Hi Karen

I had that before starting, and also when I went from 20-40 but not this time.

I suppose that substantiates (spelling?!) your comment that it affects everyone different.

• Posted

Im on.10mg and my dr just added deplin. I guess its a vitamin ive heard great reviews. Im slowly getting better and ive been on it for a month. Did you ever get genetic testing. I did and i think.thats why i knew what meds to.take that will.work.
    • Posted

Ask your dr about it. It will tell you how your bodys motabolizes things and it will show a list of drugs that r good for your body type.
  • Posted

MAn I know how hard it is... I have been on this stuff for 15 years..  I am now getting away from it as the drug has caused Muscle rigidity and a lot of side effects that I can't overcome...

Good luck.. Look up the side effects.. Especially NMS. and serotonian Syndrome.

• Posted

IGNORE this.. IT IS VENAFAXINE.. EFFEXOR.. Not FLUOXETINE.. THANK YOU..

EFFEXOR is one bad drug to get off of..

• Posted

Wow - thanks for the correction...

And really good luck to you in doing this!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.