I wondered if anyone else get sparks or sparkly dots flitting across their vision.?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wondered if anyone else get sparks or sparkly dots flitting across their vision. Mine are sometimes very fast and bright and can turn into dark blobs when they stop. Iv had my eyes checked over and over again. This is probably related to migraines. , it is not a floater. I get floaters and it is totally different.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get that too with migraine.
    • Posted

Tipperary do you get the dark blobs too? how long do they last? I first get the sparkly dots and then the dark blobs usually in a corner of the eye.
  • Posted

Hello Damian

Funny you should post this just now.   I haven't had a migraine for a couple of weeks, but yesterday I had a normal headache and I had those sparkly dots you describe, just for a few seconds.  They're very bright indeed, like tiny LED lights and they dash around very quickly and then disappear.  I don't remember getting any dark blobs.

There are a number of causes of these dots, changes in blood pressure or oxygen supply or any number of things so it's quite hard to narrow it down.

Some people can get it when they look up or stand up too quickly.  I know someone who got it very severely during a TIA.  If you Google Ocular Migraine you'll find more info.   Have you seen your GP?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.