Help needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 51 year old menopausal woman, in a lot of pain, I started off with a terrible backache 4 years ago, had MRI showed slight l5 s1 ostio, since then it's been ok the odd ache twinge etc, now my joints  are very sore hands hips knees elbows neck sounds like crisp packets when I move it, the only way I can describe it is fizzy tingly and it hurts really bad makes my fingers swell and lock, I know I have arthritis because I had X-ray on my hands and I have nodules, my ears /head have buzzing 24/7 wakes me up sometimes, I can hardly hear but hearing test said everything ok, had a balance test in hospital said I have crystals and they call it BPPV but when I saw consultant he said nothing to worry about, when I swallow now that seems to be crunching as well , and the sweating with the pain then cold, my GP keeps saying menopause, I am sick of hearing that word, I also have hypothyroidisum and after being treated for four years with no resolve, I have a last convinced my GP for referral to endocrinologist, I hope they find something other than meno.

my main concern at the moment is the buzzing in my head and the pains in my joints, any advice would be appreciated, getting very depressed about it all, sorry to moan, once I have a diagnosis and proper treatment I should be ok. Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you looked at the symptoms of the menopause as that might be causing the problems.

Are you getting any treatment from your GP for the menopause. If not, it might be worth a try to see if the problems get better. I have been surprised just how the menopause can affect you and thanks to taking treatment it has minimised the problems for me. Now looking back I think without treatment it would have been misery.

What have you got to loose but experimienting for a few months, or do you want the misery to continue.... just a thought

• Posted

Yes I have looked at the symptoms, and I have seen a gynocologist' I have tried numerous hrt, my body does not like them, the mirena coil nearly killed me, I have been like this for years just got worse with meno. 

I have tried herbal stuff Chinese medicine can't take a lot of things because of medication I am already on, I have spent hundreds of pounds on all sorts of stuff, I have thyroid problems which interfere with everything else, the last straw was when I tried to commit suicide and wanted to jump out of the bedroom window it was the worst thing I have ever experienced, so taking antidepressants for now so no I don't want to kill myself.

so yes I wish I could take something to ease the misery, but unfortunately not,HRT does not work for everyone, 

• Posted

I expect you're fed up with people's suggestions but friends have some of these problems and eat things like ginger and turmeric in as many ways as they can in foods, drinks or tablets.  They have been advised by a naturopath about their diet and it seems to have helped them - might be worth a try as clearly you cannot continue in this way feeling so rubbish.  Best of luck in finding your solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.