What kind of prostate problem is this? In a lot of pain for 3 months.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been in a lot of pain for the past three months. It started when I decided not to masturbate for one month (as opposed to my usual 5~7 times a week) as some sort of self-control experiment, since I felt a bit addicted. Ever since I've went back to my normal routine after that one month, I've been getting a lot of anal/rectal pain (increases when sitting), lower back pain, and testicular pain. This has been going on for the past 2~3 months.

I already went to see a Urologist, but he seemed to rule out "any kind of infection because I'm too young", without even doing any DRE. He had me do a pelvic ultrasound and confirmed nothing was wrong with kidneys and just said this was some sort of congestion/irritation of prostate (and that it was slightly big for my age at 19CC volume). He put me on a dietary suppliment for prostate health called Prostanorm for a 2 weeks now, but I have barely noticed any improvement, and still experience the pains above. I'm going to see another soon.

I do not have urination problems (neither burning nor high frequency) which are characteristic of prostatitis, so what could it be?

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

20 years old male. Cannot forget I forgot to mention such an important detail.
    • Posted

Hi, I feel your pain.

i have been getting the same symptoms mine has been going on for 3 years.

i also have frequent peeing with urgency.

the urologist gave me Pregabalin and amiltripline ,I now suffer with erection problems not sure if this is because of the tablets.

when masturbating I notice there is little sperm.

the urologist told me I have Chronic Prostatis and to avoid Tea ,coffee,alcohol.fizzy drinks I now have decaffe tea and find it better.

my pain at the moment comes and goes at the moment things seem calm fingers crossed.

any questions please feel free to ask me.

• Posted

Your sexual problems are very likely caused by the medication. Go to a good urologist, and get a diagnosis based upon your facts and test results, and then you won't have to mess with those awful drugs.

Neal

• Posted

Most of the meds they give you for your prostate and bladder have and will cause sexual problems of some kind.  Your urologist will tell you what will cause the least or look it up yourself  Ken
    • Posted

Looking it up yourself is better. Some urologists don't know, and some don't give a damn.

Neal

• Posted

Yes it is .  I all ways do.  I like when a doctor says well we don't know all the side effects.  Well if your doing the procedure or giving the med s you should.  Take care  Ken
  • Posted

Most of the time masturbation there are no problem.  you can make your penis raw or have a dry orgasm.  It could be the way your sitting or not drinking enough water.  Just rest and relax and do what you have to.  Remember there are alot of vein in that area and you may be irritating them.  You did the first step you saw a doctor and all is fine..  You may get a doctor that will tell you the wrong thing and make it worse..Just relax  Ken  
  • Posted

Hmm you could try taking a NSAID like naproxen (from your GP) or ibuprofen to see if it is inflammation, that may help your symptoms. Otherwise you may just have to wait it out. Don't go bike riding and be very careful eating spicy food, cooked tomatoes or coffee, I would avoid all of those completely.
    • Posted

I've just had coffee, oh damn :D

Isn't 3 months a long enough period to wait it out though? I was afraid it might be something serious since it hasn't gone on its own yet. I'm taking another doctor's opinion just in case.

• Posted

Hi, try cutting out all caffeine,do you drink alcohol? Remember no fizzy drinks.

ask your DR can you see a Urologist don't wait as long as I did as the longer it goes on the harder it's to treat .

Ask your Dr 'Do you think I could have Prostatis' 

i was also told to avoid stress.

i find a nice soak in the bath helps.

have a break from masturbating to see if it's any better.

• Posted

Yeah definately go see an expert urologist with an interest in prostatitis and you might get somewhere. If sex and jacking off hurts then just avoid it completely. Use a donut cushion to sit on, I use one for work and there is hardly any pain oftentimes, it makes a big difference. Remember to eat healthy, lots of green stuff and get exercise if it is not painful.
  • Posted

If I were you I would give it  a little more time because quick cures might be drastic and non reversable, Try to be patient and sometimes a cure like a diet can take much longer but with little or no side effects, I in fact like that that kind of a doctor.

• Posted

It could be many things, but your urologist sounds like an incompetent jerk. You are doing exactly the right thing in firing him/her and going to another one. Keep doing that until someone finds out what's going on.

Please let us know what you find out.

Neal

• Posted

pardon my english. I had pain in my right groin area, anal region, prostate and right hip for three years. my urologist said i was ok after examining my ct scan an blood results. when I asked him about the possibility of prostatitis and chronic pelvic bone syndrome( I mastrbate alot ) he said those conditions don't have cure as nobody knows what causes them and said there was no test to prove that.

so i started taking multi vitamin and minerals (all minerals)  tablet I started feeeling better within a week and the pain gone in a month now I dont feel pain for two months. I still feel very slight pain in my hip the day I masturbate.

my advice is take multi vitamin and minerals (all minerals) tablet. dont masturbate for a week drink plenty of water. wake up before 6 o clock in the morning. take anti inflamatory FOODs. drink hibiscus ( careful there are poisonous varieties out there) tea. I you dont feel any improvement within two weeks see a doctor.

• Posted

I am a 46 years old man and I suffer exactly the same symptoms with no relief in sight. The problem started in 2012 and since then I am in pain (extreme and excruciating pain at times) despite that after a year of persuasion by my Urologist I reluctantly agreed to a TURP procedure in 2013. Three months after the TURP procedure I could tell that the symptoms were still there. At times I experienced worse pain than what I experienced before the TURP procedure. I consulted my Urologist and he was at a loss as to what was the cause - some of the reasons he was using to expalin the possible cause were now contradictory to some of the reasons he used to justify the TURP procedure. Currently the pain is on and off at times but it is there 90% of the time. Each time I try to use something (pruna tea, stinging nettle, saw palmetto, wearing athletes shorts) to relieve the pain it only helps for less than a week and the pain would get back. The frequency of emptying the bladder is at times very high and sometimes it gets back to almost normal though still high. If anyone knows something that can help please let me know and I will try it. Otherwise I see myself going to the urologist (different one) again and being subjected to another procedure which might or might not help. At times I suffer from fevers combined with high frequency of passing out urine and  the physsicians (doctors) would identify the cause of fevers as urinary tract infections. Somedays my lower abdomen is heavy and feels restricted in movement and during such a time I would sense something enlarged in my puc area which I suspect is the prostate. I am wondering if there is anything that triggers the symptoms. I wish I knew what it is and I would avoid it. At the present moment my diet is unrestricted and I do not know what to remove to improve the situation. I have tried to analyse my diet but I cannot identify what could be the cause if there is. Please those with information to help kindly help me.
    • Posted

First of all I am sorry for the problems your having.  And at 46  I would never let them talk me into a turp.  They tryed I told them no way.  Was told I had cancer and it turned out to be a infection.  Many years later at 58  My urologist knew better.  He knows how I felt about the turp from my records.  Had many of the same problem. Pain in the groin forcing to pee very little stream He told me my prostate was the size of a lemon. After trying many pills that I did not like the side effect and they did not help much.  I had a urolift in april.  Alot better and feel great.  Enough of that whats done is done.  Let me ask  would you have it again????  Now to help your prostate drink alot of water and make sure you eat low fat foods and take zink and stay away from tea and caffine drink.  I hope you get better and if your doctor can't help you I would find another one   Take care  Ken      
    • Posted

Keep switching doctors until you find one who can give you a diagnosis, and justify it with test data. Now you are shooting in the dark.

Neal

• Posted

Thanks a lot kenneth1955 for sharing with me your experiences. To answer your question. Given another chance I would not go for a TURP again. I was also hesitant and this is why I delayed for almost a year (August 2012 to June 2013). But the problem was that the Urologist presented to me that TURP was the best and only everlasting relief because during the period Aug 2012 to June 2013 the urologist gave me different antibiotics plus Tamusolin and I later on moved to Avordart which I used concurrently with herbal alternatives (saw palmetto, stinging nettle root, pruna tea) surprisingly with no real improvement. Each of these medications would only give me relief for about a week and  breakdown. I got to a point where the herbal alternatives were making me nauseated plus/or heartburns (Later on I realised that I have to take them hot and with honey to reduce the chances of getting sick and a heartburn). Also the night chills were getting worse by each day - I would get chills mostly during the night with my arms haeting up a lot. I checked the internet and I could not find alternatives to the old methods of which TURP was said to be the best but with side effects. I grudgingly went for TURP and off course came out of it with retrograde ejaculation in addition to the pain and torture. After all the investment in TURP I was disappointed to realise that the symptoms were still on and at times worsier than before the TURP. That is when I started wearing athletes shorts and it helped by making the pain not sharp for almost a year (Dec 2013 to Feb 2014). In February my prostate got irritated after I got vaccinations for yellow fever, meningitis plus hepatitis  and I started getting severe  chills which calmed down after a course of antibiotic (Cipro) and I was referred to a Urologist again by the GP. At first I was hesitant but when the chills started recurring I consulted and I was also interested in knowing whether I really needed a TURP in the first place. Of course the second Urologist was reluctant to condemn what was done to me by the first Urologist but instead sent me for more tests (ultra sound scans of the urethra, kidneys, and bladder, PSA, full urine tests). He interpretted the results as okay and not showing any apparent problem but as I write he is now interested in conducting a cystoscopy (plus or minus a bladder neck incision). I now doubt if I really need the bladder neck incision because after taking advice from khaled74099 (mulitvitamin plus mineral) I am able to pee with  a good flow and the frequency is showing an improvment in just 24hours - I hope this will be durable. The pain (testes and pelvic) has greatly reduced. I combined the multivitamins with pruna tea, stinging nettle root, cell food repair, and cell food longevity and I plan to continue with this regime for sometime and then review. I had been taking the above mentioned supplements for about 2 months now but without multivitamins. Initially each of the above mentioned supplements would give me relief but two weeks ago I had reached a point where the testicular and groin pain, urgency to pee (waking up at least five times a night) forced me to agree to a cystoscopy and if necessary a bladder neck incision. Now I want to postpone bladder neck incision and just have a cystoscopy ??? . I changed types of underwear several times thinking that may be I am wearing underwaers that are not suitable for my condition and now I have made more than 360 degrees in underwear type with no permanent inprovement. Thus I have gone 360 degrees in almost all aspects as I try to find solutions.  I am in Africa and I checked the internet and unfortunately it seems we cannot talk of PAE in Africa as yet. I will check again for South Africa may be it is now there. Thanks a lot please keep the tips and advice coming. I believe today I will sleep better than yesterday.
    • Posted

I am glad that you are doing better.  Don't let them talk you into anything more.  I was reading up on the bladder neck incision.  If you are peeing then you don't need it.  It's like they just what do to something to apees you.  I had the urolift and it's doing go.  last year had the same pain in the groin also mostly on the left side.  Sometime it felt like someone was trying to pull my left teste out it hurt.  Don't have that anymore and I sleep all night without getting up.  Don't let them do anymore to you that will hurt you and you don't need..Take care  Ken   
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice, I am also thinking like what you said. My only wonder is whether a cystoscopy would help in any way since I had one three years ago and there was no problem with the bladder?? I feel since I am peeing no need for further intrusions. Prevuously I would have peed up to 10 times in about 6 hours before adding the multivitamins to the medicines that I am using but today I have peed 3 times only in the 6 hours although I am having some discomfort on the right testicle. I am hoping this discomfort will also eventually go away. At the present moment it is just a discomfort but it cannot be ignored. Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I am postponing the cystoscopy if everything remains as what it is now or improves for the better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.