Can't think straight

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have been on medication for around six weeks taking firstly citalopram then fluoxetine, the side effects made me so unwell that I went back to see the doctor who told me to slowly come off them as they weren't for me, I started to do that and have now come off them for over a week and yesterday felt great until the evening then all of a sudden since then upto this morning my head feels like I am on another planet and cannot concentrate and feel really confused, I haven't slept well through the night and have woken with a banging headache, feel really dizzy and no energy, what should I do as feel like I can't cope

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shaunryan

Fluoxetine take a minimum of 2 weeks to get properly out of your system so it may be that they're still causing side effects. If you feel you can't cope I would contact your gp immediately and get advice as this will give you some peace of mind.

• Posted

I heard that flu helps with migraines so I am only taking a guess somehow a withdrawal side effect. Call your doctor for advice.
  • Posted

Hi 

Im sorry you are going thru this what helps me is listening to music for stress and anxiety a little meditation it just kind of eases everything out , oh and specially taking 45 minute walks helps..i had been on citalpram for 4years and had a headache all the time could not concentrate anymore forgot everything had burning sensation in body with them but overall felt ok with them they made a huge difference  guess they helped me feel normal but at times i would still be depressed. after i came off of this eventually cutting the size from 20mg to 10mg...so totally forgetting to take them after a hospital stay for 3 days i just decided ok wont take them felt fine but after 2 weeks . I started feeling so sad and crying all the time and the feeling of hopelessness so went back to doctor and he put me on prozac 20mg the genetic brand after 3 days of that i was a zombie unable to sleep had no emotions felt like my brain was being crushed with a million thoughts so i just stopped taking them ..so i been praying and listening to music and its helped i can sleep better...good luck hope this helps a little bit

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I have been off the medication for around a week now and feel I am suffering withdrawals which are just as bad as the side effects of the medication when I was on them, the feelings I have are really hard to describe, most of the time I don't feel like I am in my own body and it's like an outer body experience, I have tried to do things to take my mind of it but I can't even concentrate on watching TV etc or reading a book, feeling freaked out at the moment and that I will never be the same again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.