Am I pregnant?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I suffer from PCOS so don't have a regular period at all. Over the last couple of weeks I've been having some symptoms such as tiredness, a week of period type paid without the period however, in that week I had heavy clear discharge. This week I've been feeling more tired than usual and my breasts are very tender. 

I did a pregnancy test two weeks ago which came back negative. I spoke to my Doctor about this last week as part of a check up and she told me to do another test at the end of this week.

Could I be pregnant? I know that a lot of the symptoms are close to that of PMS but I've never had sore breasts like I do at the moment.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I was pregnant the only two symptoms, I was having were plenty of clear discharge and lot of fatigue. So I can definitely say there is a possibility of pregnancy. Another positive sign is mild cramps as you mentioned. If you are experiencing cramps without a period and preparing to be pregnant, there is a high probability that you may have conceived. This is called round ligament pain and is caused by the uterus expanding to accommodate your growing baby.

Usually anything unusual than your regular periods symptom, can be worth watching for. Negative hpt can be due to insufficient pregnancy hormone in your urine. Few women just get little extra time to build up adequate hormone in their system. Take a test with first morning urine so that it is enough concentrated with pregnancy hormone.

• Posted

Hi I am an elderly PCOS sufferer. Your pain and tender breasts could be caused by both! In my experience my breasts became so tender and sore, with raised lymph nodes under the arms as breast tissue and drainage continues to that area, that before I was married and indeed afterwards my GP had to give me pills to bring on a withdrawal bleed. However the clear fluid you describe is a good marker that you may be ovulating. I am speaking historically as this was in the 1970s! My consultant asked me to do slides of vaginal secretions thoughout a month and declared she was very doubtful if I would ever have children. How wrong she was! She put me on Clomid which is still used today. I noticed the secretion changed to clear and that was when I conceived my first son! I now have 4 sons the last concieved on the progestogen only mini pill. Good luck and don't give up!
    • Posted

Ahh thank you Pam, that makes me hopeful. 

Well it's looking likely that I'm not pregnant as I've now done two pregnancy tests both negative. I'm no longer getting cramps but my breasts are so tender still and now I have a headache and heart palipitations. I'm now praying that my period comes soon as I'm started to feel really fed up with it all.

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel, are you eating healthy food? In my day PCOS wasn't called that, as far as I can tell it was called Stein Leventhral was only though to caus infertility. It isn't it's because your hormones are out of balance. I was a very skinny child, my period started in a dramatic fashion then I could go 5 months, 2 weeks 7 months without one, lovely to shock the school nurse buy not lovely for me! The skinny girl put on weight not because my mother's cooking had improved, I was very, very active as my parents didn't have a car. I walked everywhere, I had a pony, I didn't stop. How're of course PCOS is I believe inherited. My mother had Psoriasis and I believe there is a link (not certain about that) all her family had Psoriasis. I have a tiny bit just in my hair. So does my second son so from my mother I inherited Psoriasis and from my dad with flat feet I was Hypermobile. It didn't bother me being Hypermobile but if you feel stressed, and have tummy problems like IBS it becomes Hypermobility syndrome. I am still trying to connect what I inherited with what I have now which is POTS! to put it simply I feel faint from time to time as I have and always have had low blood pressure. Good luck I am sure if you eat healthy food and try to exercise as much as possible you will get the baby you so want. xxx
    • Posted

I can only speak from my own experience obviously but while the pregnancy was confirmed very early, I week post conception. Every time it was a metallic take that made me suspicious, plus increase in breast size. Again this is historical I was given progestogen to help me keep my babies with 1-3 and had no real morning sickened with 4 I had severe morning sickness like the Dutchess of Cambridge 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.