Landscaping should have been gardening pulling deep tough roots up injured lower back

Posted , 2 users are following.

Layed in bed to rest back, back got better and the 2 good day woke up with a pinched nerve in upper right corner from wing in back to under the breast to arm pit and down my right arm to my fingers. Pain pill does not help , at least the tramadol 50 mg I ve been taking, the spasms last about 20 minutes and I can only sleep on my back. Doing heating pad and ice packs , the pain makes me cry it is so intense. Going for a massage tomorrow and the baock to the Drs on Friday, this started up last Sunday, everyday the spasms are less in counting, but the pain still so intense I cry......anyone ellse with a simular problem with pinched nerves?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there ,I understand totally how your feeling ,,,,I went to church on Sunday morning feeling good,,,,,stood to sing first hymn and let out a yell as my back appeared to go into spasm ,,,,had to sit through the rest of the service in pain ,I don't think getting in and out of the car to come home helped either ,I've tried bed rest ,no better ,I've tried paracetamol ,,,no better ,tried some muscle rub ,,no better,,,hot water bottle ,,,ice pack ,,,etc etc ,,,I've now just taken 2 diazepam ,,,,( that I have to help me sleep as and when I need ) hope fully they will relax the muscle,I've decided to get out of bed ,,,,not an easy manoeuvre ,,,,get dressed ready for a visit from our grandaughter as she is off school for inset day ( she's 12 ) and coming for sleep over ,I'm gutted for  her to see me like this ,,,and we had planned a lovely day out ,now it looks like relaxing in the garden or watching a movie ,,,,not what I wanted for us,

I digress,,,,my back pain is different to you it's constant and rigid and shoots down my leg ,,,,,and lots of oo and oo and oos when moving ,

good luck when you see your  GP ,hope he gets you mended again ,and we are both soon back to normal ,best wishes,

• Posted

Thank you and I wish you well. Saw a massuse today and she did some manipulation on my muscles and tendons the pain is better, but stress is also the enemy here, so trying to rest my back gave me a stressfilled body to boot. Stopped tge pain pills and am using ibprofen lest agressive have a bone doctor appt still tomorrow , will keep you osted..... No more landscaping for me maybe just light gardening eventually
    • Posted

So pleased you've managed to get help and some relief from pain ,I started to use ibrofen gel on my back and I thin/hope it's on the mend ,mine is more muscular so no need for me to seek further help from NHS ,get well soon and leave the garden to others ,
    • Posted

Thanks the masuse says to see chiropractor cause my shoulder keeps popping out and causes nerve pain, glad yours is only muscular . Go to md tmorrow and chiropractor in afternoon will update tomorrow night

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.