Herbal Teas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

After a rather bad flare up of IBS and all bloods coming back fine, I have decided to change my diet. I am still having 1/2 black coffee's in the morning, but am not having any during the day. I have read that peppermint, and lemon and ginger tea can be very beneficial. I tried the peppermint yesterday, and it tasted better than I thought it would! Am sitting now with a cup of lemon and ginger tea. Anyone know what the recommended amount per day is? I've read that too much can do harm. I have also started to drink more plain water to replace the numerous cups of black coffee a day! Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated :D

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also use some herbal teas instead of coffee and normal tea. I use mostly Lavandula, chamomile and Liquorice tea.

I find Lavandula the best one because it has relaxing effects. Peppermint is not an option for me because it makes reflux worser in some cases.

• Posted

hi Lisa, I'm not a dentist but from a programme I watched recently I'd be more worried about what fruit teas might do to my teeth, I'm not suggesting you avoid them altogether but I wouldnt drink them throughout the day to replace coffee, i imagine the likes of peppermint, green tea and camomile are better options for that reason with the odd fruit tea here and there for variety
  • Posted

I too have cut down dramatically on coffee and drink depcaf tea and drink more plain water than ever before.

The jury is till out as to whether this regime is helping or not..

• Posted

Hi

I was drinking a lot of black coffee. Cut it out altogether. I drink 3 cups of green tea a day. I believe all herbal teas are good. I don't think amounts matter unles they give you diarrhea. If not you are ok.

Vivian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.