BLOATED STOMACH & BASICALLY FEELING DREADFUL!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can help me.  My abdomen is really bloated, I look around 6 months pregnant.  I also just dont feel right, keep feeling sick and really emotional I cannot stop crying.  I am definately not pregnant however feel like I have early pregnancy symptoms.  I have tried cutting down on the wheat in my diet and taking peppermint capsules but nothing is working, it is really getting me down. I have also started to get lower backache and I think its due to my abdomen being so swollen its putting pressure on my back.  Has anyone experienced anything similar?  I have the doctors next week so I will see what they say however my experience with the doctors usually is they cant get you out quick enough so I am not very hopeful x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds terribly familiar. Went to go see a gastrologist to inspect my throat down to my stomach. They found som bumps in my stomach and they took biopsies, thank fully it came back negative. Went back to my pri DR and was told I had gastritis. Every morning when I get up I have a 15 minute session of the burps. Very annoying. My dr tried dilexlant, no good, Prilosec, no good, Zantac, no good, nexium, worked for a week then went useless on me. I now take OTC Zantac and drink....cabbage juice. Yep. Cut up some cabbage and boil the heck out of it, covered of course. Hold back on the salt, may cause irritation...it did for me. I drink it like a good size cup of coffee in the morning, noon, and about an hour before going to bed. It cuts out the emotional stress I was feeling like a balloon. I took the Zantac in the morning and at night withe the juice. It's like drinking something out of the jungle but I got used it after two days. I'd say I feel at least 50% or more better. As everyone knows, each body is different and results will vary. I'm no doctor and only did this because my mom heard of this many years ago. So I really hope you get to feeling better...and what the heck, it's only a head of cabbage that can make a big pot of jungle juice. Best of luck. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Bill, its a nightmare eh!  The bloated feeling is terrible.  I will see what the doctor says.  Thanks again x
  • Posted

This sounds very familiar to me too. It took me a while to realise what was going on but after a lengthy elimination diet I've found that if I eliminate gluten, dairy and corn from my diet this never happens. On the back of finding this out, I went back to my GP and requested to be referred to gastro and I'm now in the process of getting a lot of tests carried out. 

You said you'd cut down wheat but I wonder if doing a full elimination diet may help? It's a hassble but it's worth it if you get to the bottom of what causes it. 

Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.