Migraine / Vision Blurry

Posted , 3 users are following.

I want to know if I am the only one when it comes to Migraines and how mine start.

Since i was a young kid i would get a bash on the head or simply heading a football and my vision would go blurry and i would get the worse migraine that night and continue for a good 7 days.

I stopped playing football because of this but last week i was playing football and got the ball right in the face, about 30 seconds later my vision started to blur, i was only just about to see. 10 minutes later my migraine got bad and i had to go home and try to sleep off the worse.

I seen the doctor and explained my “condition” and he was able to look back on my records that i had been to the doctors 10 times about this. He said just dont get a bash on the head, but i explained this cant be normal and he just told me to take it easy. But is that the best advice to take from the doctor? Is something wrong with me?

Does anyone else ever experiance this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi - sorry to hear about your migraines and blurred vision.  I dont normally get blurred vision but I have had migraines for years now, normally due to hot humid weather or tiredness or stress, they sometimes last 7 days.  I did once have a migraine after falling from my horse, when I checked with my doctor, she said it was caused to the trauma of falling and banging my head, so I guess that is similar situation.
  • Posted

Maybe a av malformation...And see a different doctor who isnt a knob.
  • Posted

Yes, I get blurred vision with my migraines. Sometimes they come first and sometimes they don't come at all but I frequently have blurred vision as a sign of an oncoming migraine and then with the migraine.

Due to your trauma, I would strongly suggest you go to a chiropractor or a medical massage clinic and get an x ray. Constant traumas over time extend your vertebrae and it may be putting pressure on areas of your brain. Just get checked out and make sure and if you are about to tell me you have already had a CT scan or an MRI, I can assure you that neurologists do not look for these things, they look for tumors and such.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.