Regression due to depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from depression for a number of years on and off, I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this as it is something I'm not very clear on, over the last few months I have been talking in a child like voice using sentences that do not make sense, this is not something I can control and it can just randomly happen out of the blue. It is not constant but others notice this. Is this a form of regression? Any advice on this is welcomed

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have never heard of this with depression.  The only thing I can advise is to see your GP and ask.   There may be a physical problem there but you should tell him/her to be on the safe side.  x
  • Posted

Can I ask if when it happens you are in 'a happy moment' I only ask because when I come out of my depression I will often go opposite and act the fool if you like, silly voices etc. I personally know it to just be a spike out of depression, those rare times when I manage to flick the switch but I do recognise it as one of my warning signs. If it is something new then I would expect it to be some form of coping mechanism and would pay close attention to your mood and feelings over the next few days, also mention to your GP. Stay in touch and let us know how you get on
  • Posted

Hi all, just as a quick update these events are still going on although I am losing more and more faith in mental health services as the days go by. I usually end my days taking 3-4 painkillers and am now drinking (half a 70cl bottle of Bacardi in one night) and I just don't know what to do for the better if I'm honest. I feel like I wish I just continued to suffer in silence!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.