New Psychriatrist?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else feel like their doctor or psychiatrist doesn't listen to them when they are explaining the side effects they are having.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yep.

In the past I've experienced doctors and mental health professionals who don't seem to listen, and find they often have a path to follow.  They should listen to patients more.

• Posted

Instead of listening they keep wanting to up the dosage
    • Posted

What dose are you on at the moment then?  There's a lot of good discussions in the Fluoxetine group about different doses people take.

The meds do take around 3-4 months to take effect, and upping the dose you may get side effects again.  It is a slow process, but persevering on them is so worth it.

• Posted

I'm on 40 but since I started taking 40 my feet began to swell so I told my psychiatrist and they said let's go up to 60mg. I talked to a pharmacist and he suggested I switch meds. When I was telling my doctor they didn't even acknowledge the swelling in my feet and I've be on flu for 3 1/2 months.
    • Posted

Have you put on any weight too?  Sometimes gaining weight will make your feet splay out more ..... just a thought.  Other than that though, I'd have thought a pharmacist has more knowledge of medicines than a doctor.  Wonder if anyone else on this site has had the same.

Many years ago I had to stop the contraceptive pill because my legs, feet and ankles started to swell, and I'd been taking it for years.  Could it be an interaction maybe?

The Patient Information Leaflet does say to tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any general swelling, hands, feet, ankles, face or eye area.  Maybe next time you visit, take the leaflet from your medication box with you and point it out.

Its probably nothing to worry about, but if it annoys you then let him know.

K xx

• Posted

im.on 10mg with deplin. im.just ok. ive been on.them.for.1 month. im.thinking about uping my dose. i.dont know and yes i do.feel.my dr doesnt.listen or he says thats weird that shouldnt do.that. but i.love my dr soo i dont know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.