Has any one tried acupuncture for spasms related to fissure?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

My search continues....has any one tried acupuncture to help with spasms associated with a fissure? There are obviously lots of creams and hot baths but I wonder if it could help? Sounds crazy but I'll give any thing ago to avoid any kind of procedure.

I don't heal well and I'm just so concerned that in having the fisurectomy and botox it might make something bad even worse again. Also I have not had any bleeding at all and it sounds like this is common post op, something else I don't want.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I tried Botox into Levator muscle.  Was very expensive and didnt work for anal spasms.  im almost at my wits end.  no doctor seems to know anything about this.  Im from South Australia.  maybe doctors are more informed elsewhere.
  • Posted

Yes, I have tried acupuncture and it gave me pain relief. The reason why the pain relief was only short lived was that my main problem was not the fissures but at that time still undiagnosed  nerve damage, caused by two Botox treatments. The positive effect the acupuncture had on my energy levels was truly astounding. Everybody round me noticed how I perked up again

If you live in London I can recommend a brilliant acupuncturist. need to be aware that some needles will be inserted at very delicate parts of the body near anus and perineum and for if you are a person who gets easily embarrassed about "that par"t of the body there may be psychological resistance, even fear, 

• Posted

I'm in Melbourne, Aus! But if any one else knows of any one in Melb, I will gladly take any info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.