GERD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone here taking sertraline/Zoloft and have GERD.  I am a bit concerned because I am experiencing a lot of pardon the expression belching.  Any advice.

thank you

lynda

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynda, I am on Sertraline 100mg. I did get belchingat first, been on it fir a while now.Don't know about the other meds.
    • Posted

Hi Stephaney

thanks for responding.  Do you remember how long the belching went on for.  Driving me crazy, along with everything else.  How do you feel on 100mg.  As I posted just started today.

lynda

• Posted

Hi Lynda, 2 weeks it lasted. They helped my mood swings, I used to have outbursts everyday, they have reduced two or one a week now.
    • Posted

Good to hear.  Glad it helped.  Today I just want to jump off a cliff.  Just so angry.  Just venting.  It seems since I have been on meds I have developed post nasal drip as well.  Maybe at this point I am blaming everything on the meds.  Don't know......
  • Posted

not sure what you take this for but most all anti depressants like sertraline/Zoloft cause some gut iritations.  you might want to try some other form like 1000mg of st johns wort herb or passion flower combo. they have been proved to do as good if not better but dont mix herbs that do the same job with pharmacuticals though. EG Prozoc  is a pharmacalogical chemical  copy of the herb ST Johns Wort.   
  • Posted

Hello Lynda

My mom has Gerd and I have a mild case of Gerd. We both tried organic apple cidar vinegar, the one you buy at the health food store. We take 1 teaspoon of apple cidar in a large glass of warm water. Once after the noon meal and once after the supper meal. Most people think they have too much acid, but if you do the research it is the other way around. You don't don't have enough acid to bring you to digest all your food that you eat. If you don't have enough acid, food will not break down in your digestive system and it the results is that burning feeling you have at the back of your throat that comes back up with some food. Go online and check out "Does Apple Cidar Vinegar help Gerd? and you will read all the great things about it. Hope that helps.

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.