7 - 8 Month Story

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to All

I have been meaning to type somthing on here for months, I used this website back at the begining of the year and it really helped me. I have suffered with this for a few years now and have been off and on like a yo yo in the past. 

I am a 40yr Male for your information. 

I wanted to give an insight to my latest and hopefully last bowt:

This time started in decmeber 2014 as I was the worst id ever had it. It was that bad that I new I needed to get back on my tablets. (Not a good sign).

However It didnt work as quickily as on the 1st couple of times. (1st/2nd time after 4 weeks I usually felt a little better , so im told by the wife).

So it was juct before xmas 2014 when it began. I started to take my Med Decemeber.

In Jan/feb 2015 it hadnt started to work. I was then very low and worried, but carried on with them.

I have many ha many ups and downs and trying times. But managed to carry on with them.

It was the start of April before I started to feel and use and then slowly  thought. I would beat it again.

Please be aware that the tablets arent the answer to all your problems. they help to deal with the real problems that cause the un happiness.

7 - 8 months on life is good again, not because of the tablets but because they helped me regroup again, in turn this helps solve what makes us feel the way we are.

Suddenly you start feeling like your old self and that life is back to normally. 

Thinking positive is a real help in life but not always easy to do.

All I can say is that life is very challlenging. Kepp trying

I feel much much better now and am nearly 100%. I am actually dealing with one of the worst things ive ever had to. I wont bore you with all the details. 

Trying to come off them now: 

I have come off them prior to this time very easily, infact I just stopped them. (This isnt recomnded but I found that I could do it). 

This time my wife has said she will kill me if i just stop them. LOL

So my wife has been away for a week and I forgot to get my prescription renewed. I havent taken for 7 days oopps. (I Feel ok again but worried that it may just be because its is still in my system).  

My dosage is very high 60mg.

I have again started them yesterday but am to try coming off slowly as I dont want what appears to be the same yearly cycle.

Im going to the doctors to see what he thinks and recomends tomorrow.

Please stay strong everyone and smile. (I know its hard to do sometimes). 

Thanks for taking the time to read. I will post again in a few months.

P.s Please feel free to ask any questions.

If this helps one person then I've achieved another positive. 

Feeling depressed is a terrible thing and only sufferes will know what I mean

Good luck everyone on your own journeys.

Kind regards to all

Paul 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I am 38 male and was suffering from panic disorder,anxiety and mild depression.

I started fluoxetine 20 mg exactly 17weeks ago or 4 months ago.

Along with the meds I practice Transcendental Meditation.

I must admit that I am getting better every day but it's a slow process.

Even now after 4 and a half months I am feeling panicked during the day...for some period of time...when I am thinking on it...

I hope this will disappear completely..some say that they need 6 months or year to feel it completely...

BR

Alex

• Posted

Hi Alex,

I read that it can take 6-12 mo. to get full benefit, also. So we still have room for much improvement.

• Posted

Dear Karen,

I am on week 19 on 20 mg. I sometimes wonder is it worth taking fluoxetine because during the day or sometimes in the morning I really feel bad especially if I had large meal in the evening..I feel different

with ups and downs but I am going to stick with it. My problem is that I have intrusive thoughts about my health..heart,colon,blood pressure and ect...it depends from the signal that my body gives at the time and I am scared...It is very strange...Since I am feeling the change even its slow my Dr won't put me on 40 mg and told me to stick on 20 for a year..

IT'S interesting that when I am distracted(not thinking about i) I am ok.

It's my experience...let's keep in touch and update each other..

BR

ALEX

• Posted

Yes, Alex, I had the same things bothering me the last time I was on Prozac. Every little symptom would alarm me and I would think the worst. I know exactly what you mean. I have had everything.wink

I am 5 1/2 mo. total time with the last 11 weeks on 40mg.

It does take a long time to get better, unfortunately, but you will get there as I know I will, too. Just keep talking on here whenever you feel the need to, or have a question. There's always someone who can help you get through this.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post. It helps to know that your not alone and it does take a long time to get back to 100%.  I'm on week 11 of 40mg, after 11 weeks of 20mg.   I am feeling much better than at the beginning, but still having ups and downs. Please keep us posted on your how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.