Gallstones, h. Pylori, in so much pain, what shall I do?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Around may the 12th so a month ago I started feeling really sick, it was bareable but then I was nauseous every single minute of the day, i went to the doctors and she prescribed me with omeparzole for "acid reflux" that didn't make a blind bit of difference, I had bad but bare able stomach pains on the right side under my ribs so they said I had gallstones, took blood tests for gallstones all came back clear, so I kept going back to the doctors as my pain and sickness was getting worse, I can't even sit in a car without feeling sick, I don't suffer from travel sickness, never have. Even when I lay down my heart is pounding and I feel sick and in pain, went back to doctors and he did a pregnancy test to rule it out, came back negative, I've sent off a stool test and awaiting the results also got an ultrasound and endoscopy but the quickest they can fit me in is in a months time! I can't move I am so weak and achy, I can't eat, I have diarreah, I'm in pain, what can I do to minimise these symptoms, what do you all think is even wrong with me? Please help me

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Missed out the the pain is also on the left side now and my whole stomach is tender and in pain, also I've been taken prescription pantoprazole and metoclopramide
  • Posted

And also failed to mention the stool test was for something called helicobacter pylori (h.pylori) which he thinks I may have
  • Posted

Em I do feel for you because I had gallstones several years ago and needed surgery. Initially my blood tests came back negative but the symptoms were there so I saw a consultant who told me to have a blood test within 48 hours of a severe attack. I did this and the results were positive. You need to have a scan or an investigation where you're well sedated and they can look into your gallbladder. I had both and thankfully ended up having the horrible gallbladder removed. Have you got any painkillers
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, my sister in law had gallstones but her pain was severe, in all honesty I don't think it's my gallbladder but I don't know that for sure, I don't really have attacks it's just sometimes a dull bareable pain, however the left side is very painful which makes me think maybe it's h pylori, who knows? I'm having an ultrasound on my gallbladder and also an endoscopy on my stomach but the quickest they can do it is in 4 months time, I've had so much time off work because i am so weak I can just about get down the stairs, I also feel very nauseous, even on anti-sickness pills, I have been given biscopan but doesn't make a difference to me
    • Posted

Sorry was meant to say 4 weeks time!
  • Posted

I had H Pylori last year but my symptoms were a lot milder. I mostly had acid reflux, that was my main symptom from the bacteria in my stomach. I really really hope they find the cause of your symptoms fast. I feel bad that you're dealing with this for so long. I did have nausea as well with the H Pylori so maybe u just have a large concentration of the bacteria in your gut. Also, my GI Dr did mention that tenderness in the stomach is a symptom of H Pylori as well.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! How did they diagnose you? Like did they find it through a blood test or a stool test? Also how long did it take for them to find it? And what did you do to ease the symptoms, I can't sleep at night and constantly in pain and feel weak, would love to be pain free for even 5 minutes! Thank you
    • Posted

They found mine through a breath test. U basically drink a clear solution that tastes like lime soda then blow into a bag. My test came back positive. It didn't take long for them to find out that I had it because my Dr tested me on my first visit for it & in about 2 days they called me & told me I had it. Becuz I didn't have my symptoms for that long I really didn't need to do anything to control them, I just took the antibiotics & I was feeling ok. My symptoms weren't all day either, they would come & go possibly becuz the H Pylori was caught early.
    • Posted

Do you think I should go to the doctors and ask for a breath test tomorrow? Or do I need to be referred to a hospital for one of those?
    • Posted

You mentioned that they are looking for it in the other tests u took so it may be redundant to ask for the breath test. I know it's excruciating but I'm sure they are doing all they can to find out what's going on. Hang in there, it's gonna be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.