confusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I just gave in my stool sample today for parasites. I was doing grocery shopping and I got so sick with nausea and dizziness. I also woke up with a sore throat. Getting worried. Took a gravol. Worried about tumors. Is it possible to have bowel cancer but blood work shows normal? Or blood work woukd show something? Getting scared.

Thanks

Vivian

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My nana was diagnoised with bowel cancer her symptoms were severe pain and passing large amounts of blood from her back side im not medically trained so i can not comment on whether your results will show that.

Myself in the passed have had numerous blood tests that came back clear i kept going back to the doctors and when i finally had various scans started showing inflammation and my gall bladder. Try not to panic or get to worried. I suffer with nausea vomitinv dizziness to the point where my legs have give way severe abdominal pain a professor told me it could possible be functional dyspepsia however the only way to detect it is through an MRI scan as it will not show up on an endoscopy colonscopy or on blood tests.

Good luck take care

• Posted

Thanks so much. Really appreciated. I do not have any blood. However a person can also have occult blood. Maybe my anxiety is kicking in. In any case glad I found thus forum.

Vivian

• Posted

scared won't prouduce much but gastrin...Bowel Cancer shows up in both CEA and or CA125 bloods tests, and usually not ordered unless your scans illustrated something... colonoscopy...ultrasound..etc.and your symptoms don't indicate anything serious like C.

your dr did or did not provide you with the  size of your two organ cysts..most never cause symptoms, Non-parasitic liver cysts  however, can become symptomatic when they are large enough   can cause pain, nausea, vomiting, and early satiety. Feeling good and quickly sick,, nausea, dizzy?, might be a cyst "burst"??  (don't know if this could happen and if so the outcome..so a guess) will see if I can find any documentation, and if so..will let you know.

Think Ann suggested you discuss both organ cysts in much more detail your Dr Not a bad idea, Vivan, this may be nothing but its a stone that needs to be looked under..IMHO.

a hepatologist would be warranted if the ultrasound report indicated a size that could cause a problem...  .. Have a good hunch you'll get to the cause of your condition and once again "you'll be your good ole self"...Claudio

• Posted

Thank you so much. I will ask GP about it tomorrow. The only thing confirmed so far is IBS and diverticulosis. Both showed up on colonoscopies. Diverticulitis I was treated for with clinical symptoms but not confirmed as in Canada they do not do Scans in ER unless you present with bleeding or uncontrolable fever or worse. Therefore diverticulutis remains a mystery. Normally with IBS symptoms pain is relieved after an episode of loose bowel movement which I have had in many occasions. This time the pain remains. It feels like a healing wound. Very strange. Being tested for parasites as we speak. Surgeon consult July 23. I am tired.

Vivian

• Posted

I garner your well versed with some of your conditions. Tired...absolutely..

Regarding cyst burst...yes they can rupture...but cannot find any studies for small ruptured cysts...apparently to cause a problem, they need to be large..and then  rupture is less than 6% probability. Regardless, something to discuss with your GP since you do not know size.

Youv'e mentioned taking psyllium, but do not know if its for diverticulosis? (if you have a few), something like a berry seed can get lodged, and infection develops...often chyme with fiber will dislodge the  seed and infecton resolves.

For Diverticulosis , both the husk and seed is suggested. Some get better results with one or the other,  (I prefer both since one increases transit while the other slows it down)

I've mentioned pufa's and think someone else mentioned them...these have demonstrated healing and prevention of a leaky gut...our lining protectives among many  are "tight junctions"..they keep pathogens from entering our blood stream, .to keep them tight the most effective natural method is consuming wild cold water fish (those with high Omega 3)...supplementing with dha/epa also helps.

Claudio

• Posted

Sounds awful for you, please avoid all dairy, and wheat, especially wheat, darn wheats in everything, you can buy wheat free bread on the bakery counter in sainsburys. Dont drink cows milk its posion.  Dr told me all this when I went to A + E with awful pains.

Debs

• Posted

Hi Vivian,

please try not to worry. There are numerous on this site with the same sort of symptoms. I had a small amount of blood and a CT colonoscopy was clear. What I will say is don't be afraid to pester your Doctor and use evidence from this forum as there is a wealth of patient based material that your Doctor could view. I did something similar when I quit smoking and had had a recurring chest infection that actually turned out to be pneumonia.

• Posted

Thank you for your support. Waiting for stool results and to see Surgeon in July. GP says nothing can be done

until results are in.

Vivian

• Posted

One day at a time vivian.

Ofcourse you are worried and in a way that is OK.

It is only when you admit yuo are worried that you can start to deal with the fear and let some of that worry go.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

Thank you. This means a lot. It's good to know we are not alone.

Vivian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.