Regarding the Bells palsy which started on May 4 2014

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

On may 4 2014 i got bells palsy worse conditionon on my face.I was under physiotherapy treatment for 10-15 days.But still i havent recovered completely from it i can say only 60% has recovered till the date i have same issue .

1. When i smile my eyes sinks it looks like its almost closed but its not.

2. when i speak lower lid of the eye part goes up and down.

3. My  left eye looks little smaller than the other.

4. If i try to pucker my lips the affected part(i.eleft part of the lips will always move to the righter part) this is not normal

I am planning to go for accupuntre treatment i am confused.

Please suggest me as i want to get rid of this completely

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They don't know if acupuncture helps at all.  Physical therapy or face exercises may be the best bet.  If you are young this may completely go away.  I am a senior citizen and they don't recover as well.  I have had eyelid skin removal and on Friday will have a muscle lift in my eyelid.  Hopefully my eyes will look even then.  I can't smile on one side at all. 
  • Posted

Hi Preccils

i have had Bells Palsy since March 2014. I am almost 62 and statistically I have less chance of a complete recovery.

I have decided to try acupuncture and will have my second session this week. I am intending to try it for six weeks. Nothing else has worked so far.

I have already felt some benefit, not with the Bells, but it has improved my IBS immensely.i have also started going to a (Nidri) Yoga class which I hope will help me to improve my fitness and breathing/stress level.

i will let you know how it goes. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.